Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing more but resale?

hello,

it seems that if i sign up, i can resale your services. but no more than that. i cannot add my unique services to yours. i cannot install my own software, create my own site builder, forums, etc. that could convince my customers to choose my services over these of your other resellers. in other words, all your resellers sell the same stuff (although in various configurations). or have i missed something while browsing your site?

konstantin

You can chose to make your own service, and use "RSP" as your hosting provider. (Plus you could always make your own plans in the "custom plans" page of your control panel)

p.s. I used RSP's remote order forms on my site, so if I wanted to offer other services, I can.

THis is actually the only hosting reselling service I have seen that offers custom built plans and a fully functioning billing system (free of charge)

Best Regards,

Comment

Daniel, thanks for the response. I am still confused. The server space that i get and can resale is located on theirs shared servers. yes, i can make my own plans, but the products that i can offer to my clients are limited by these supported by RSP. they have installed software like perl, php etc, but not ruby or python. they also do not seem to have fastcgi which is the only feasible way to make rails function. my impression is that i cannot add this software to my list of products, i also cannot build my own solutions, like site builder and let my users run them. all i can do is just sell what they have.

konstantin

Comment

If you want some/full control with regards to the hosting services that you can offer/sell to your prospective clients..then get a Dedicated Server or Semi-Dedicated one..

If those options is a bit pricey..and beyond your budget.. then get the Cpanel reseller option..

if Cpanel Option is still pricey.. then you have two choice.. either you sign up for the free reseller program or Ignore everything you read here and go find what you're looking for somewhere..

if you do sign up.. then Welcome aboard

Comment

Originally posted by akonsu
          The server space that i get and can resale is located on theirs shared servers. yes, i can make my own plans, but the products that i can offer to my clients are limited by these supported by RSP.
          Say, If you go to another provider and sign up as a reseller, where do you think are you going to get the server space from? In all probability, it is their "shared server" as well.

As nitecrawler said, you have several options but the way you are "confused" right now, seems you need to have your own dedicated server. This way you can pretty much configure it the way you want.

But in the end, do more research about what RSP can offer and hopefully you will realize its true worth and sign up. With a little creativity and diligence, I am pretty sure you'll enjoy it more if not as much as other reselling options out there Good luck.

Comment

hello,

this is konsu again logged in as gagarin.

first. in a couple of days after asking these questions i found that i cannot login anymore as konsu and tried to request a password reminder and was told that i am not registered anymore. this tells me something about the company.

second. i was not criticising. just asking questions. but got no real answers.

so good luck to you all.

konstantin

Comment

Thats probably because your old login name was "akonsu" not "konsu"

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

That indicates how "confused" you really are.

Comment

Or, what is more likely is that this is the 'gijiji' fellow (or whatever his username was) who was posting the same question and answer with the two same screennames on several different forums a fwe months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by gagarin
                    hello,

this is konsu again logged in as gagarin.

first. in a couple of days after asking these questions i found that i cannot login anymore as konsu and tried to request a password reminder and was told that i am not registered anymore. this tells me something about the company.

second. i was not criticising. just asking questions. but got no real answers.

so good luck to you all.

konstantin
                    What could the fact that you have misspelled your forum user name tell you about our company? There are at least a couple of good answers to your questions in this thread and even more information is available elsewhere on the forum. All you had to do is use the forum search function. I am sorry, but if the answers that you are getting are not good enough for you, can't the fault be with the questions. Nobody can help you do your own thinking.

Comment

Working...
                    X