Having more than one free reseller store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having more than one free reseller store

I want to appeal to different niche markets so I thought of signing up for more than one free resellers account; a different account for each niche as reflected in the store name. I have a couple of questions:
    1. Can I do the above using the same login name?
    2. Does a store name constitute a domain name? In other words, just because I sign up as XYZwebhosting.com for my free reseller site, does that create a unique domain name that someone can type xyzwebhosting.com and see my webhosting site?

Thanks so much for your time.

Hi Fred, welcome!

Let's see if I can answer your questions.

You can sign up for as many Resellers accounts as you like -they're free - but to be effective you will need a unique domain name for each. For 'niche' websites this will work best.

Your login 'name' is the one you use to sign up with, so it will need to be different for each account. You can of course have names like hosting-1, hosting-2 etc, if that helps you.

I created login names which made sense for each reseller account I signed up for, but the choice is yours.

Check out some of the faq's:

Become a hosting reseller with no deposits & no reseller charges. Sell cloud web hosting at low prices with the help of our private-label reseller hosting program.

The list of topics down the left of this page should help answer a lot of your questions.

Good luck!
    Cheers
    WebGirl

Comment

multi reseller stores

Where on the reseller page do I sign up for multiple stores. Do I use the same name (I think a previous thread said something about this but I didn't understand. Also I bought the first domain name I am using right now. But is it necessary to buy a domain name. If you don't want prevents someone from stealing it.

fred

Comment

Originally posted by fschutzman
        Where on the reseller page do I sign up for multiple stores. Do I use the same name (I think a previous thread said something about this but I didn't understand. Also I bought the first domain name I am using right now. But is it necessary to buy a domain name. If you don't want prevents someone from stealing it.

fred
        Signup for a new account like you did the first. You can then write to support to ask them to link the accounts so that both your earnings will go to you in one check.

Comment

As far as i can see....There is absolutly no necessity or indeed no advantage of creating more than one account!

Most Search engines will not pick up on your storename alone, This is mentioned by the RSP Staff.

BREZTECH

Comment

You can create several reseller accounts and have several web stores with different plans, names etc. This has some advantages. Of course you will probably want all commissions to be sent to the same person/company (probably yourself) so what you need to do is create as many reseller accounts as you need and then open a ticket and ask the support staff to "merge" your accounts - when you merge your accounts you get to choose the main account - this is the one where all commissions go to. You will still have separate logins for each of the reseller accounts with separate stats and everything, but in the main account you will see the total commission from all accounts.

Comment

Oliver,

Apparently, this (the merging of accounts) can no longer be done, according to RSP staff.

Comment

I am not sure who told you that but he/she must have been misinformed. I have explained the procedure to all support members - it is still possible to merge accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver
                  You can create several reseller accounts and have several web stores with different plans, names etc. This has some advantages.
                  Would really love to hear your lists of them!

BREZTECH

Comment

With different accounts you can have different price points and target different customers.

For instance, if I am going to target students taking web development classes, I would charge them much less than I would charge a medium sized business, and a different price point for a small mom & pop business.

Different strokes for different folks!

Comment

Okay, thank you Oliver.

------------------------------------------

Yes, I currently have 5 reseller accounts/sites, all targeted at different markets. (Though, I am not yet actively marketing all of them.)

Comment

I am already doing this......
                        With just one account!
                        This is called optimizing your "Up to 20 different plans"

BREZTECH

Comment

Well,

You do it your way, I'll do it mine.

I can offer different plans on one account, but I can't offer the same plan at a different price.

Comment

I only have 1 account but i can offer the same plan at 3 different prices in 3 different markets!

BREZTECH

Comment

Working...
                            X