Few questions on the RSP service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions on the RSP service

Hi, I am really interested in the RSP services, however i have a few questions if anyone could kindly answer them:-

1) Will our client's domains be directed to RSPs nameservers or we will be provided with our own nameservers to ask clients to redirect their domains to?

2) Can we order manually even if we use the templates for our hosting site since some clients will pay online whereas some clients generally pay us after meeting us via cheque etc.

3) Can we increase the MySql database size for our clients? 30-40MB is too less since when someone goes for a 25GB package, they might be looking to have a pretty big database online.

4) What is the general uptime for the RSP servers and whats the config? Current clients of RSP if you guys can answer this (regarding the uptime experience) then that will be great.

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance for taking your time with my questions !!!

1) Will our client's domains be directed to RSPs nameservers or we will be provided with our own nameservers to ask clients to redirect their domains to?

For $40 a year you can get your own name server or your clients can point to RSP's for free.

2) Can we order manually even if we use the templates for our hosting site since some clients will pay online whereas some clients generally pay us after meeting us via cheque etc.

Yes, on the backend there is a manual order section.

3) Can we increase the MySql database size for our clients? 30-40MB is too less since when someone goes for a 25GB package, they might be looking to have a pretty big database online.

Yes this can be increased in 10MB incriments for $0.30 a month wholesale cost per incriment.

4) What is the general uptime for the RSP servers and whats the config? Current clients of RSP if you guys can answer this (regarding the uptime experience) then that will be great.

My overall time for my 5 clients is about 99% and they are on different servers. Some people get unlucky and are on a server that has a lot of problems.
    Last edited by midwestkel; 21-09-2006, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Interestingly enough I have never had a customer *complain* about downtimes (that doesn't mean they don't happen), and my one account with RSP I don't think I have ever had a single downtime. Now there are some people who get unlucky and placed on a bad server, however for the most part downtime shouldn't be a concern.

Comment

Thanks

Hi midwestkel and cardine !!! Thanks so much for answering my questions. Really appreciate it !!!

Comment

no problem let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

No problem at all

Comment

Few more questions.....

Hi, sorry but i have a few more questions regarding the RSP service.......

1) If anyone signs up online via our reseller website using their credit cards, will RSP charge any credit card transaction fee to us? If yes, whats the charge?

2) Do we need to register our main host domain with RSP or can we just register with any domain provider. Will RSP create my nameservers even if i register with another domain provider.

3) When i register domains for my clients through RSP, will they get a control panel to manage the domain?

4) Can i register with RSP and add my domain later on without any problems. Main reason i didnt sign up yet is i havent found a good domain name available yet. All the good ones and even the not so good ones are all taken

Once again thanks for all your help !!!!!!!!!

Comment

1) If anyone signs up online via our reseller website using their credit cards, will RSP charge any credit card transaction fee to us? If yes, whats the charge?
                We pay the charge, not you. You won't be charged for your customer's transactions.

2) Do we need to register our main host domain with RSP or can we just register with any domain provider. Will RSP create my nameservers even if i register with another domain provider.
                If you want to use the DNS cluster (let your client's use your name servers, not ours) your domain MUST be registered with us. Otherwise it does not matter.

3) When i register domains for my clients through RSP, will they get a control panel to manage the domain?
                If the domain is registered through the web hosting control panel, there is a section "Domain Manager" where your client can manage the domain. If you register the domain from your reseller control panl though, you will be the only one who is able to manage the domain.

4) Can i register with RSP and add my domain later on without any problems. Main reason i didnt sign up yet is i havent found a good domain name available yet. All the good ones and even the not so good ones are all taken
                You can sign up now and register/add your domain later, there won't be a problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Hi Oliver, thanks for your reply. You said if client registers his domain on the website they have a domain manager in the control panel but not if i register through my own reseller panel, then only i can access the domain manager. What if i create a website manually for a client who paid via cheque, will they get a control panel to manage the website? or will it be same like in case of the domain registration?

Comment

Well, it doesn't matter whether the web hosting account is yours (paid by you, signed up manually) or your client's. As long as the domain is registered from the web hosting control panel, it can be managed from there.

If you register the domain from the Reseller Control Panel though, you are the only one who can manages it. So in the example with a client paying via cheque, what you need to do is create a web hosting account manually using the Manual Order form on your reseller control panel. Then you find the account in the "View Clients Details" section of your reseller control panel using the drop-down menu and then use the "login" link to login to the web hosting control panel of your client in reseller mode. When you login this way you login in "reseller mode" which means that all prices are at wholesale. So then you go to the Domain Manager of the Web Hosting Control Panel and register the desired domain at wholesale price.

All this would be necessary of course, only in the case when the client decided to register a domain after the creation of the account. Otherwise you could have registered the domain when you signed up the account using the manual order form.

Comment

Thanks Oliver

Hi Oliver, thanks for your reply. Will be signing up pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by midwestkel

My overall time for my 5 clients is about 99% and they are on different servers. Some people get unlucky and are on a server that has a lot of problems.
                        Isn't there a 99.9% uptime guarantee?

Comment

Originally posted by alewela
                          Isn't there a 99.9% uptime guarantee?
                          Yes, there is a 99.9% server uptime guarantee. However, there are cases of server downtime that are not covered by this guarantee. For more information regarding this I advise you to read the Terms of Service and the Service Level Guarantees section for the service in which you are interested. The information can be found in the Terms of Service section of our site.

Comment

Thanks, Milen. I understand the uptime definition now.

Some people get unlucky and are on a server that has a lot of problems.
                            So, what about an average overall uptime from clients' view?

Comment

Originally posted by alewela
                              So, what about an average overall uptime from clients' view?
                              Unfortunately, I cannot provide a single answer to this question. It really depends on the server. Some servers have virtually no downtime, others have accumulated quite a few hours of it. It is not because these are more inferior servers, but hardware failures can happen occasionally as well as other unforeseen circumstances. Just for example a few weeks ago the fire extinguishing system in one of the data centers that we use has malfunctioned and flooded the electricity transformer devices in the basement of the data center causing them to shut down automatically to avoid any further damage. This naturally led to a power outage leaving all servers that we have in this data center without power supply for a several hours. This is, of course, an unforeseen situation, but the damage from it was relatively low. I do not want to think what would have happened if the server room itself was flooded. Unfortunately, nobody can predict such situations, but thankfully they are extremely rare.
                              Of course, there is always a chance for a sever to go down due to customer misuse of some of the services, although our system administrators are doing everything possible to prevent such occasion and to minimize server downtime in case that they happen anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X