Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup of clients accounts

Hi,

Is it possible to make a full backup of clients accounts (homepage, mysql, email)?

Could someone please answer this simple question?

Is it possible to make a backup of clients data?

Comment

Hi, yes it is possible.
      Look at the bottom of the about us page on template # 16 and you will see.

"Daily back-up is available to ensure that the hosted data stays safe."

Humm, maybe resellers should read and learn about the services they sell before they sell them!!!

Comment

Ok, let me shed some light over this issue

If a client wants to have a back-up of his account, they need to request it in a support ticket and give us details about the particular content (MySQL databases, emails, files, etc..) and date that they are interested in.

Afterwards, we forward the ticket to the administrators and they handle the situation according to the back-ups we have on the server.

Usually this should not take more than several hours and it always depends on the size of the content that the client wants a back-up of, and whether we have generated and saved the back-up (of course, we can not guarantee a back-up of the web site's content dating some 30 days back).

Comment

Originally posted by roboba View Post
          Hi, yes it is possible.
          Look at the bottom of the about us page on template # 16 and you will see.

"Daily back-up is available to ensure that the hosted data stays safe."

Humm, maybe resellers should read and learn about the services they sell before they sell them!!!
          Well, I'm not a reseller, yet. I'm considering to be a reseller.

I wasn't asking whether or not a backup is available, I'm interested to know if I can take a backup myself of my client's data, like you can do in WHM/Cpanel.

I would like to keep a backup of my clients data on my own disk (just for safety) so I would like to take backup from time to time (let's day once a month).

Originally posted by linnah View Post
          If a client wants to have a back-up of his account, they need to request it in a support ticket and give us details about the particular content (MySQL databases, emails, files, etc..) and date that they are interested in.

Afterwards, we forward the ticket to the administrators and they handle the situation according to the back-ups we have on the server.
          Would I be able to get a backup of all my clients data once a month, if I send a request to the administrator?

Comment

Originally posted by fonix View Post
            Could someone please answer this simple question?
            Is it possible to make a backup of clients data?
            If you are asking whether our proprietary web hosting control panel has an account backup feature similar to the one in cPanel, then the answer is "No."

All new and changed files on the servers that use our proprietary control panel are automatically backed up on a daily basis and a full-account backup is automatically made once a week. Backups are kept for a week. In case that a client of yours runs into trouble and needs his\her account restored from backup, he\she should open a support ticket specifying the date from which a backup should be restored.

Clients (and resellers) can download the web content of their accounts for backup purposes through FTP and the database through phpMyAdmin in the web hosting control panel. However, unlike cPanel the process is not automated and needs to be carried out manually.

Comment

Working...
            X