• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we resell enterprise plan?

hello all.....

when i`m promoting my hosting site.

i have some people that asked me, if they could resell the enterprise

plan(perhaps like reseller account). And about the payment method, i`m living in

Indonesia and some people emailed me and ask whay about the payment

method, if they dont have creditcard, paypal. Is there any payment method

that i can use for my costumer?

Thanks

To answer your first question, yes, as long as they have a way to keep track of who is using what resources, and to charge for them, then I think they would be allowed to do that.

As for your second question, I don't know the answer.

Comment

The payment plans listed on the site are what RSP accepts, any other payments are not valid. If you wanted to pay for it for them just tell them to send you the check/money order and you can pay for it by credit card or the method you want and just give them the account information.

Comment

Originally posted by PejantanTambun View Post
        i have some people that asked me, if they could resell the enterprise plan (perhaps like reseller account).
        Although it is generally possible to sell portions of a web hosting plan to more than one user, I would strongly advise against this option. First, all users on the plan will share only one account username and password and only one web hosting control panel, which is highly unadvisable from a security point of view. Second, any resource overuse or service abuse by one of the clients hosted into account would affect the service availability for all clients hosted in this account. In other words, if one client in such account uses more resources than were specified for the plan or abuses the service in any way, the account will be suspended or blocked and all clients hosted in this account will not be able to access to their websites. I cannot think of an efficient way to distribute the account resources evenly and/or fairly among several clients hosted in web hosting one account. Furthermore, the idea to let your clients sub-resell an enterprise web hosting plan by themselves is a particularly bad one.

Originally posted by PejantanTambun View Post
        And about the payment method, i`m living in Indonesia and some people emailed me and ask whay about the payment method, if they dont have creditcard, paypal. Is there any payment method that i can use for my costumer?
        In addition to credit card and PayPal payments, we also accept payments by bank wire and Western Union. If you (or your clients) are interested in these types of payments, I advise you to contact the support staff by e-mail or LiveChat for the details. However, please have in mind that these two payment types require additional fees collected by the respective payment institution and paid by the customer (approx. $29USD for each bank wire payment and approx. $15USD for each Western Union payment) and are not covered by our money-back guarantee.

Comment

thank you all for your explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
            Although it is generally possible to sell portions of a web hosting plan to more than one user, I would strongly advise against this option. First, all users on the plan will share only one account username and password and only one web hosting control panel, which is highly unadvisable from a security point of view. Second, any resource overuse or service abuse by one of the clients hosted into account would affect the service availability for all clients hosted in this account. In other words, if one client in such account uses more resources than were specified for the plan or abuses the service in any way, the account will be suspended or blocked and all clients hosted in this account will not be able to access to their websites. I cannot think of an efficient way to distribute the account resources evenly and/or fairly among several clients hosted in web hosting one account. Furthermore, the idea to let your clients sub-resell an enterprise web hosting plan by themselves is a particularly bad one.

In addition to credit card and PayPal payments, we also accept payments by bank wire and Western Union. If you (or your clients) are interested in these types of payments, I advise you to contact the support staff by e-mail or LiveChat for the details. However, please have in mind that these two payment types require additional fees collected by the respective payment institution and paid by the customer (approx. $29USD for each bank wire payment and approx. $15USD for each Western Union payment) and are not covered by our money-back guarantee.

Hei,why i never heard about RSP accept the bank wire and Western Union payments?
            During 2 years in the forum,i never saw any thread talk about this......
            I think i had lost some potential clients when i promote in the forum,because i didn't know about we actually do accept bank wire and Western Union payments....
            Ok,let make it clear,what type of payment else do you accept?

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
              Hei,why i never heard about RSP accept the bank wire and Western Union payments?
              During 2 years in the forum,i never saw any thread talk about this......
              I think i had lost some potential clients when i promote in the forum,because i didn't know about we actually do accept bank wire and Western Union payments....
              Ok,let make it clear,what type of payment else do you accept?
              For the two years since the launch of this forum I have answered questions regarding the accepted payment methods a number of times. You could easily find this information, if you just used the forum search tool.

We accept payments through credit card, PayPal, bank wire and Western Union. However, the last two on the list are the least preferable payment methods and are used as a last resort only, when a credit card or a PayPal payment is absolutely impossible. The reason for this is that bank wire and Western Union payments are cumbersome, take a lot of time (a service is not activated until we have confirmation that the payment has been received, which usually takes several business days), the two payment methods require extra fees that are added to price of the service, which makes the payment methods impractical for small payments such as service upgrades or additional domain registrations and last but not least these two payment methods are not covered by our 30-day moneyback guarantee. This why we do not advertise these two payment methods.

Comment

However there are other ways as well. You could have a user pay you money directly, and then you can go ahead and buy the hosting account at your reseller discount. That way you take care of the billing (kinda) and you can accept any payment plan you want.

So there really you are your only limitation.

Comment

Working...
                X