Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to justify the MySQL quota limit?

Hi,

I often get the question why MySQL quota is so small compared to disk space offered in our hosting plans. I don't have a good answer to that and I would be thankful if you could provide such.

As I understand, MySQL is on the same server as the rest of the account, right? Most hosts that I compete with (local) offer a limited space on the server that can be populated with database content and files counted together.

maxa, this question has been discussed on the forum several times already. Please, use the forum search engine to find the relevant threads. In short, MySQL databases and scripts that use such databases are perhaps the number one reason for server load issues. To minimize such issues and ensure good hosting experience for all users in a shared server environment we place limits on the size of MySQL disk space that can be used by shared hosting customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
      maxa, this question has been discussed on the forum several times already. Please, use the forum search engine to find the relevant threads. In short, MySQL databases and scripts that use such databases are perhaps the number one reason for server load issues. To minimize such issues and ensure good hosting experience for all users in a shared server environment we place limits on the size of MySQL disk space that can be used by shared hosting customers.
      Thanks Milen. (I did search)

Comment

The search tool doesn't always give the desired results..

Comment

Working...
        X