Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 service - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service

hi,

im new here and before signing up i would like to know how satisfied or dissatisfied people are with the service here. has there been major down time with the servers? it looks like support is on top of things, is this always true? also, if there has to be one thing you are not happy with, what would it be?

thanks,
    Joe

Hi, and welcome, I have never had any problem with the ResellersPanel or the hosting. I truely feel this is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by joeblow
      hi,

im new here and before signing up i would like to know how satisfied or dissatisfied people are with the service here. has there been major down time with the servers? it looks like support is on top of things, is this always true? also, if there has to be one thing you are not happy with, what would it be?

thanks,
      Joe
      Hi joeblow,

RSP is awesome, to put it bluntly. Customer service is definitely front and center and they do a great job, both for hosting clients and for resellers. I've always gotten a response back from support within thirty minutes and have never had a problem serious enough to call them. Hmm...one thing I'm not happy with - that the webhosting market is so cutthroat and it's challenging to get hosting clients.

If you're considering becoming a ResellersPanel reseller, it would be a very wise move.

Comment

The service for both the resellers and the customers is excellent. They answered my last support ticket within 5 minutes. And overall, most times it is under 10.

The hosting is generally always up. The prices are great. They are always working on new features for us and the customers.

It really is a smart decision. And best of all, it is free.

DJ

Comment

i have 2 more questions. how does this w-9 work? do they take taxes out of the profit you make, or is it taxable income you have to turn in at the end of the year? does resellerspanel offer exrta disk space and bandwidth for additional charge for your clients?

thanks,
          Joe

Comment

i have 2 more questions. how does this w-9 work? do they take taxes out of the profit you make, or is it taxable income you have to turn in at the end of the year? does resellerspanel offer exrta disk space and bandwidth for additional charge for your clients?

thanks,
            Joe
            The W-9 is just so they can keep track of what you make. At the end of each calendar year, they submit this to the IRS, so the IRS already has record of it when you file your return.

Yes, hosting clients can receive extra disk space and bandwidth, which you will also be able to set the pricing for. In addition, if the clients site gets to big to be on a shared hosting server, they will have the chance to upgrade to a dedicated server, from which you will also receive a cut.

Comment

will resellerspanel take out taxes before they pay you or give you the full amount? is there a price list where i could see hopw much extra disk space and bandwidth cost?

thanks,
              Joe

Comment

will resellerspanel take out taxes before they pay you or give you the full amount? is there a price list where i could see hopw much extra disk space and bandwidth cost?

thanks,
                Joe
                No, I don't believe RSP takes out any taxes before remitting payment.

As for the add-ons, here are the wholesale per-month prices - again, remember that you will be able to set your own:

Storage - $2.20 per 100 MB
                Traffic - $1.50 per 1GB
                Domain transfer - $2.00 per domain
                IP address - $1.00 per address
                MySQL - $0.75 per database
                MySQLMB - $0.50 per MB
                SSH - $12.00 per activation
                Domain Registration - $8.50 per domain

The best way to get a grip on it all is to signup. It's free and it's no-risk. Good luck, whatever you decide.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2005, 01:33 AM.

Comment

thanks alot for everyones input.

i got a friend thats doing his own hosting plans, could i incorporate my resellerspanel at his site?

thanks,
                  Joe

Comment

Why don't you join and then sign up your friend as an affiliate?

You don't need your own site to be a reseller, but it helps.

What brought me to join was this awsome forum. The people on here are a great source of help and information

Comment

ummm... free help. Kind like GPL and OSS for assistance. You gotta like that!

Comment

JowBlow... that's a funny name

Comment

hi,

thanks,
                          Joe
                          Read the forums. Just in the last 2 weeks my experience with the server myself and my clients were put on has been nightmarish.
                          I've lost a client and possibly another with 4 threatening to go should another crash occur.

The response to trouble tickets via your control panel is VERY prompt and courteous.
                          That chat support seems to be run more for sales support than technical support as you'll get the same "be patient" or "please submit a ticket" response to damned near everything.
                          Anytime I've gotten an actual tech on the phone he's been VERY helpful.
                          The control panel interface is excellent.
                          Your admin powers over client interface to help is excellent.
                          The hosting packages are excellent.
                          The speeds are excellent.
                          The prices are excellent.

With all this great stuff, it's still very hard to get past the constant problems of uptime that I've had.
                          Keep in mind, the server I'm on seems to be the problem child as I don't see near the amount of down time for any other server in the last month.
                          If they've truly gotten the problem solved it will be great.
                          My clients have had a VERY hard time adjusting since they've just come over from another hosting group I work with that had literally one hour down time in the last 2 years. In less than 3 weeks they've now had over that with RSP. So you can imagine how their confidence is a bit shaken.

There are a few features that would aid us greatly as resellers and there are a few minor communication gaps with the RSP staff.

~~
                          Would I suggest someone use RSP? Yes.
                          But I sure as hell would suggest you not let the folks at RSP put you on SS20!

Comment

Getting old real quick

Perhaps RSP Should move those of us that are on SS20 to another or new server (they just added SS21 recently) and put that one out to pasture. I personally did not pay what I have paid, even at wholesale, to have my business websites off line while they try and figure out the issue (and I am, as well as others I am sure, are already past the 15-day money back guarantee). The problem is not the server but that any of us that were placed there are dealing with down time. Unexceptable by any standards. InternetSeer has sent me 3 emails during the last week regarding my sites being down. Let's get the uptime guarantee that was promised or move us to a server that can handle our websites....

Comment

I don't know about you but if the new SS20 (new as in Nov) is having issues, I certainly don't want to be on the BRAND new SS21. LOL.

I'll wait in SS20 for another considerable outage before simply firing RSP and ensuring I do my part to share my experience with the world. After all, that's what transcripts are for, right?

Seems they may have kicked the problem so we'll keep our fingers crossed at my place.

Comment

Working...
                              X