Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resellers plan question? Lower disc space offer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resellers plan question? Lower disc space offer!

Resellers plan question

Hello I am interested in your Reseller program

But studying the market of web hosting offered in my country I realize tat your plans are to big, I mean to much disk space.

To be able to compete, I need to offer lower disc space so I can charge less

an example what my future competitors are offering

180 mg
    300 mg
    600 mg
    1 gb
    2 gb

I will also offer the 15 gb 25 gb 40 gb but as an alternative.

small businesses don,t need that much disc space yet

If I am able to do so, I could compete strongly

It would be very interesting for me

thank you for your reply
    Last edited by pharseim; 15-11-2007, 11:28 PM.

Originally posted by pharseim View Post
    But studying the market of web hosting offered in my country I realize tat your plans are to big, I mean to much disk space.

To be able to compete, I need to offer lower disc space so I can charge less
    You can create web hosting plans with smaller disk space allotments starting from 50MB through the Create Plans tab in the Hosting Plans section of the reseller control panel. However, such plans typically will not cost less wholesale and most likely will cost more, since custom plans cost us more to setup, maintain and support. Whether we like it or not, the current trend in the web hosting industry is toward offering more disk space (often incredible amounts that cannot typically be used with a shared hosting plan anyway), not less.

Alternatively, you could sign up for a cPanel reseller account (starting at $25USD per month), where you would have more flexibility to create plans with the parameters and prices of your choice. However, please have in mind that with a cPanel reseller account, the design of your reseller website, end-customer billing and technical support will be your responsibility.

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        You can create web hosting plans with smaller disk space allotments starting from 50MB through the Create Plans tab in the Hosting Plans section of the reseller control panel. However, such plans typically will not cost less wholesale and most likely will cost more, since custom plans cost us more to setup, maintain and support. Whether we like it or not, the current trend in the web hosting industry is toward offering more disk space (often incredible amounts that cannot typically be used with a shared hosting plan anyway), not less.

Alternatively, you could sign up for a cPanel reseller account (starting at $25USD per month), where you would have more flexibility to create plans with the parameters and prices of your choice. However, please have in mind that with a cPanel reseller account, the design of your reseller website, end-customer billing and technical support will be your responsibility.
        Actually I hate oversellers. Does RSP oversell?

Comment

Originally posted by JLHC View Post
          Actually I hate oversellers. Does RSP oversell?
          We do oversell, but in a controlled and balanced way. Nowadays, you would be pressed hard to find a shared hosting provider that does not oversell, including large players like Hostgator or Dreamhost. Even if a shared hosting provider claims that they do not oversell, the chances are very high that they would be pulling your leg by saying so. Actually, there is not anything bad about overselling, if it is done right. Google also oversells their Gmail webmail accounts and disk space on other web-based services like Google Docs, if we could apply this term, since most of these accounts are provided free of charge, anyway.

Comment

Overselling only irritates me when companies say they can offer like 300 gigs of space or something outragious that a server can hardly hold without a BUNCH of hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
              We do oversell, but in a controlled and balanced way. Nowadays, you would be pressed hard to find a shared hosting provider that does not oversell, including large players like Hostgator or Dreamhost. Even if a shared hosting provider claims that they do not oversell, the chances are very high that they would be pulling your leg by saying so. Actually, there is not anything bad about overselling, if it is done right. Google also oversells their Gmail webmail accounts and disk space on other web-based services like Google Docs, if we could apply this term, since most of these accounts are provided free of charge, anyway.
              So how many % can we actually use from the space and bandwidth? is it possible to use 100% of the space if it does not overload the server and is not over the file and cpu limit?

Comment

Originally posted by JLHC View Post
                So how many % can we actually use from the space and bandwidth? is it possible to use 100% of the space if it does not overload the server and is not over the file and cpu limit?
                Considering that these and all other conditions of the Web Hosting Terms of Service are met, clients can use 100% of the disk space and bandwidth specified in their plan.

Comment

Working...
                X