Oveselling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oveselling

Is overselling allowed for reseller accounts??

Regards

Mateo

No, overselling is not allowed for cPanel reseller plans.

Comment

but it's present overselling in their shared hosting...,but not cpanel reseller.

Comment

so shared hosting is ok with overselling?

Comment

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

No overselling is precisely the reason I refuse to use the cpanel program. What the point is of paying them for the extra feature of doing the billing yourself however u want and such and NOT having overselling enabled escapes me. I also did not like the manner in which we would have to pay for cpanel as resellers.

I asked about this myself in a support ticket as to whether I could use my wallet as payment, and was told I could only use the wallet for the first payment and had to use paypal (aka credit card, which I dont have because I don't trust credit cards and refuse to use them now) for the rest, or another form of payment.

I was dismayed further than pay by check was not available. I find it quite annoying that 99 percent of online businesses refuse to accept checks as payment all because of the sole reason that it might bounce back, and thats only an excuse for one or two checks every so often a week.

Anyway, those are the reasons I refuse to use their cpanel program. I'm sure an RSP rep, if any read this, will most possibly reply saying that thats my choice and then go on to say something about company policy and how it will or will not change and how he cant do anything about it, which is what I have come to expect from anyone representing a company at this point, but then again, it doesnt really matter to me whether RSP replies or not. I am only giving my personal opinion here, since in all intents and purposes, it is allowed for me to do so. Criticize me if you wish, I will try try to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
              I also did not like the manner in which we would have to pay for cpanel as resellers.

I asked about this myself in a support ticket as to whether I could use my wallet as payment, and was told I could only use the wallet for the first payment and had to use paypal (aka credit card, which I dont have because I don't trust credit cards and refuse to use them now) for the rest, or another form of payment.
              Our developers are working on the integration of all cPanel payments into our own billing system. Once it is done, I suppose that it won’t be a problem to pay for a cPanel plan through the reseller wallet.

I was dismayed further than pay by check was not available. I find it quite annoying that 99 percent of online businesses refuse to accept checks as payment all because of the sole reason that it might bounce back, and thats only an excuse for one or two checks every so often a week.
              Nova-Host, fraudulent\unauthorized payments in an online business can be as high as 30-50%. There is no reason to suppose that the percentage of bad checks will be much lower than this. Additionally the snail mail system can be pretty unreliable in many parts of the world, so check could simply get lost in the mail, leading to delays and customer frustration.

With this said, we do accept bank wires and Western Union transfers as alternative payment methods, but those carry higher expenses for the customer for transfer fees. This is way our sales staff offers these alternatives to clients only as a last resort in cases that the client can’t pay by PayPal or credit card.

Comment

No overselling is precisely the reason I refuse to use the cpanel program. What the point is of paying them for the extra feature of doing the billing yourself however u want and such and NOT having overselling enabled escapes me. I also did not like the manner in which we would have to pay for cpanel as resellers.
                This is the reason why I canceled my cPanel account within a week of opening it and then had to fight for my money back

You do know that when paying with PayPal you can choose the "eCheck" method. If you have a PayPal account, you can make sure you have funds in it or, transfer funds to it from you bank account. Most sites accept PayPal so a credit card should seldom be needed.

I have not had credit cards since 2003 and don't need once since I have a PayPal [Mastercard] Business Debit card. Works the same as a credit card everywhere Mastercard is accepted and I get 1% cash back on purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
                  This is the reason why I canceled my cPanel account within a week of opening it and then had to fight for my money back
                  so have you got your money back?

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
                  You do know that when paying with PayPal you can choose the "eCheck" method. If you have a PayPal account, you can make sure you have funds in it or, transfer funds to it from you bank account. Most sites accept PayPal so a credit card should seldom be needed.
                  is it only available in us resident? if not,may i know how to enable this features?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X