Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .co.nz domains

Hi,
    I'm based in New Zealand and my clients prefer to have .co.nz domains. I'm able to register domains elsewhere, but I'm just checking that I can host them on your hosting accounts.

Thanks!
    Nadia

Originally posted by npsdesignz View Post
    Hi,
    I'm based in New Zealand and my clients prefer to have .co.nz domains. I'm able to register domains elsewhere, but I'm just checking that I can host them on your hosting accounts.

Thanks!
    Nadia
    Of course you can, all you have to do is change the DNS setting of your domain to point to your webhost..

e.g. mydomain.co.nz is registered in godaddy.. webhosting in resellerpanel.. all you have to do is change the dns setting to dns.********center.com (this is just an example..)

good luck

Comment

Using Resellerspanel in NZ

Further to my compatriots question regarding .co.nz domains please confirm that it is necessary to register NZ tld's outside of reseller panel AND that it is not possible to offer hosting solutions to our clients in New Zealand in NZD.

If this is so and we still wish to use resellerspanel for the other benefits it offers, is it then possible to use a program such as WHMCS to offer our clients NZ tlds through a registrar that offers them in NZD (eNom doesn't) and at NZ prices (again eNom doesn't) AND to link the web hosting module within WHMCS to reseller panel so that we can still offer hosting to our clients in NZD regardless of the currency we buy them from you?

In relation to this is it then possible to turn off the domain options within resellerspanel and/or use our own scripts to create a hosting site that achieves these aims?

Failing all the above when will resellerspanel offer NZ tlds and NZD as a currency option.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by probiz View Post
        Further to my compatriots question regarding .co.nz domains please confirm that it is necessary to register NZ tld's outside of reseller panel AND that it is not possible to offer hosting solutions to our clients in New Zealand in NZD.
        We do not offer NZ TLD domain registration and we do not support New Zealand dollars as currency for payments.

If this is so and we still wish to use resellerspanel for the other benefits it offers, is it then possible to use a program such as WHMCS to offer our clients NZ tlds through a registrar that offers them in NZD (eNom doesn't) and at NZ prices (again eNom doesn't) AND to link the web hosting module within WHMCS to reseller panel so that we can still offer hosting to our clients in NZD regardless of the currency we buy them from you?
        Perhaps it would be possible with the Reseller API, but the implementation would be up to you. More information about the Reseller API is available here. Please, have in mind that the use of the reseller API requires that you have some web development/programming skills of your own. Also, please, have in mind that the use of the Reseller API requires you to place a certain amount of money in your reseller wallet that will be used to cover the wholesale prices of services ordered by your clients and you would have to handle customer billing on your own.

In relation to this is it then possible to turn off the domain options within resellerspanel and/or use our own scripts to create a hosting site that achieves these aims?
        You can disable domain registration options for existing customers through the reseller control panel, but it is not possible to disable completely the domain registration options on the reseller templates or the remote order form (at least one domain TLD must be available for registration).

Failing all the above when will resellerspanel offer NZ tlds and NZD as a currency option.
        We do not plan to offer NZ TLDs, in this aspect we are limited to what eNom offers, as for payments in New Zealand dollars, it is possible in principle to offer such support, if we see sufficient demand, but there are no guarantees that such an option would be implemented.

Thanks for your reply.
        You are welcome!

Comment

Domain Registrar

Hi again,
          Since my initial question I have had 2 new clients sign up (YAY!). My next question is a simple one, but I would like confirmation nonetheless.

A client has a .co.nz domain registered with a particular company that does not allow the client to change the nameservers. The company is asking for an IP Address and http redirection.

Is the IP address the one showing in the "Hosted Domains" area in the CP, and what do they mean by "http redirection"?

Also, can someone explain what the "Don't manage DNS for this domain" option is all about? Would that have been a better option to use in the above case, and what would have been required to use it?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Is the IP address the one showing in the "Hosted Domains" area in the CP?
            Yes, it is. You should be able to use either of the two IPs from this section of the web hosting control panel.

what do they mean by "http redirection"?
            HTTP redirection is a pointer used to forward the visitor of a specific URL or domain to a different URL, domain or IP address.

Also, can someone explain what the "Don't manage DNS for this domain" option is all about? Would that have been a better option to use in the above case, and what would have been required to use it?
            It is not a “better” option, it is the option you need to use in this case to host the website for your .co.nz on our servers. The “Don't manage DNS for this domain” is used for hosting a domain, the names server settings for which are managed elsewhere, as in your case. In this case the client needs to add the IP from the Hosted Domains section of the web hosting control panel as an A record for his/her domain in the domain name control panel with his/her domain registrar.

Comment

Working...
            X