Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use reseller program?

Hi there,

Have setup a web design company. At present we only offer design services, but are planning on adding domain reg & hosting also.

I don't see a case where I will be reselling this service on it's own, so won't have an online store selling hosting etc, will be more that when I get a customer I will sort the hosting for them.

The questions I have are :
    1) In this case can I use the reseller program or do I have to in essence host each domain seperately. So for example if I took the $80 per year program, and could host all of my customers ( I am estimating <20) on this. Would this work for me - I could FTP their files up to their unique locations and manage their websites this way, all for a total cost of $80 per year for the hosting so long as they stay within thh GB limits. Is this correct, or is the option ONLY if I am selling these hosting packages directly through a web store?

2) If this is the case, can I use the liquid option to start with that I need (say 5 domains) and increase this each time I get another one, will the price just change on the montly option, or are the constraints for a fixed length of time that i have to stick to

cheeers

Originally posted by gcomeragh View Post
    1) In this case can I use the reseller program or do I have to in essence host each domain seperately. So for example if I took the $80 per year program, and could host all of my customers ( I am estimating <20) on this. Would this work for me - I could FTP their files up to their unique locations and manage their websites this way, all for a total cost of $80 per year for the hosting so long as they stay within thh GB limits. Is this correct, or is the option ONLY if I am selling these hosting packages directly through a web store?
    You do not have to sell hosting plans through a web store. You can purchase plans at wholesale price through the reseller control panel an offer them to your customers. While it is possible to host more than one customer per hosting plan (especially, if you manage the sites and your customers do not require access to the web hosting control panel), it is not recommended. Each hosting plan was generally intended for one customer. Also, please have in mind that in addition to disk space and traffic limits, each shared hosting plan has a CPU usage limitation as well, which might be difficult to observe, if you host more than one customer per hosting account.

2) If this is the case, can I use the liquid option to start with that I need (say 5 domains) and increase this each time I get another one, will the price just change on the montly option, or are the constraints for a fixed length of time that i have to stick to
    Each hosting account created through the Liquid plan builder is intended for a single customer as well.
    You may add upgrades to any plan, included plans created through the Liquid plan builder. The price of each upgrade is based on validity of the hosting plan for which it is purchased (example: if the plan for which you order an upgrade is valid for another 8 months the price of the upgrade will be 8 x monthly fee for the specific upgrade). Please, have in mind that all hosting plan and domain registration charges are annual (biannual in case of some domain name extensions).

Comment

The questions I have are :

cheeers
      What you propose is easily done. In fact I have used and am using this method for some of my customers. Understand, though, that you cannot give them access to the control panel. You will have to manage their web site and you will have to do the billing for the hosting. Which is simple to do, I just combine my web design service and hosting on one invoice. If they don't pay you can easily delete their account but you would be stuck for the domain name registry fee. Unless of course you get some payment up front.

This method is especially good for those that do not understand anything about web site hosting and don't care to learn. You make life easy for them and they appreciate it. The other good part of this is that they have to keep coming back to you to add email accounts, update pages etc. , which of course you can do for a "nominal" fee. You rarely lose this type of customer. If their requirements get greater you can always put them on their own account and still keep control.

Comment

Working...
      X