Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Free Reseller to Cpanel Reseller

Hi,
    I was just wondering if it were possible to move clients from the free reseller account to a cPanel reseller account in case I want to later move to a more familiar interface?
    Thanks.

I hope so. I'm going free until I establish myself.

Comment

Yes you can do so. However please note that RSP's cPanel reseller program has the overselling feature disabled and as such it is not practical for you to move from the free reseller to cPanel reseller.

The free resellers plan are massively oversold and unless you find a hosting provider who has overselling enabled and you can manage overselling well, I will suggest you to remain those clients under the free reseller program.

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
        Yes you can do so. However please note that RSP's cPanel reseller program has the overselling feature disabled and as such it is not practical for you to move from the free reseller to cPanel reseller.

The free resellers plan are massively oversold and unless you find a hosting provider who has overselling enabled and you can manage overselling well, I will suggest you to remain those clients under the free reseller program.
        You mean to say that we will be in total control and won't simply make a profit on the difference once we migrate to cpanel? That's not so bad. You can create better packages - increased personalization.

Comment

Alright,
          I appreciate the help and thank you all for your responses.
          TGM

Comment

Originally posted by TGM View Post
            Hi,
            I was just wondering if it were possible to move clients from the free reseller account to a cPanel reseller account in case I want to later move to a more familiar interface?
            Thanks.
            TGM, moving hosting accounts from the free reseller program is possible, but the process is not automated in any way. You need to download all files from the hosting account under the free reseller program and upload them into the cPanel hosting account via FTP. The process is entirely up to the reseller, as our services do not cover moving accounts from the free reseller program to the cPanel one.

Comment

Moving a database

I am not moving all my accounts, just one. But since I am a newbie (sortof)
              I do know about FTP my files, but my question is on the database. Should I do a backup and then download those files to me and then upload to the new hosting? How hard is it to move a database?

Comment

jkacp, databases are basically structured text files, which can be backed up and restored similarly to other files. To back up and restore a database, database managment tools like phpMyAdmin are typically used.

If you need more detailed instructions on backing up and restoring a database, you are welcome to contact our support team through a ticket.

Comment

Thank you, but I am still very nervous about it. Don't want to loose any information.

Comment

Update

I have now moved the database with no problem (not from my free reseller account)
                    As an answer to the original question I can now answer from experiance.
                    If you need to move a Domain from your free reseller program to your cPanel enom account all you have to do is ask them to "push" it to your account (don't forget to reset the nameservers to point to where it will be hosted).
                    If there is hosting involved that takes a bit longer and you have to also do some work. (backup your databases, FTP your files, including the db backup, to your computer and then upload them to the new hosting account that you created)
                    Not hard at all and it really works fine.

Comment

Glad to hear that you have completing transfer without any problem and it's good to see your experience here and this will be very good for those who want to do similar process.

Comment

Working...
                      X