X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused what to choose

hi i hope i get some help here.

RSP seems the right thing for me!!

I do IT Support for various companies and self employed however I never thought until how can make up more money from my clients by providing them with a website, webshosting and maintenance.

Actually I have 4 type of clients:-
    1. those who i can sell webspace & domain and they can can create their own website and all while I earn a commission from them on webhosting.
    2. clients to whom i can build a website and make all the setups but the client will be updating the website periodically by himself.
    3. clients for whom i take care of everything from web building to updates and maintenance
    4. in all the above scenarios some clients would be wishing to sell from their websites in EUROS

I have been reading and browsing more than 2 days on the RSP website and after been around on the internet I thing the RSP setup is what i need, just is as if i am having a complete web-domain-service-hosting at my site/office to serve my customers. I am from Malta so hopefully I shall have no problem with using the system I think its based in the UK.

However I am confused which plan to take. I dont know how to program in HTML. I am right in saying that cPanel reselling would not offer free web-building and self-maintenance service to user accounts?? However cPanel gives the opportunity to set the pricing levels to desire. But then it seems Free Reselling would not be able to accept online shopping and prices to your clients are set as per RSP standard prices (especially after 1st year).

Sorry for my long email but i hope my questions are answered well so that I can start-up this hing as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Anton

Hi and welcome antonsev, If you don't know HTML that well, I think the best thing to do is sign up for the free resellers program and use a template. All the tools you need are there with tutorials and FAQ's even ticket support. Also all billing and support for your clients. Everything!
    This way you will get real first hand experience. Then when you feel you have the neccesssary knowlegde then you may wish to make your own custum site or go for a c-panel plan.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsev View Post
      . But then it seems Free Reselling would not be able to accept online shopping and prices to your clients are set as per RSP standard prices (especially after 1st year).
      Prices don't change after the first year.

You can have up to three custom links on the template site pages.
      You can use them to direct people to your online shopping. I have done this myself.
      You can also put in a custom header and footer to offer your shopping.

Comment

I am right in saying that cPanel reselling would not offer free web-building and self-maintenance service to user accounts??
        The cPanel reseller plans come with Fantastico De Luxe script installer, which offers a Templates Express, a set of templates, which clients can use to build websites of their own.

With the cPanel reseller plans the reseller is responsible for providing technical support to his customers.

However cPanel gives the opportunity to set the pricing levels to desire.
        You can set your own prices and create custom hosting plans with the free reseller program as well.

But then it seems Free Reselling would not be able to accept online shopping and prices to your clients are set as per RSP standard prices (especially after 1st year).
        I am not sure that understand what you mean by this. Could you please clarify?

Comment

first of all THANKS roboba & milen for your quick answers

re: online shopping i wanted to ask - is it possible to set up online shopping in the free reseller setup?? if a client signs up for an account with my free reseller custom website can he sell his products online with the website he creates using RSP web-builder/templates??

hope i made myself clear if not i will try to re-word again.

thanks
          anton

Comment

In elefante scripts installer, you clients can choose to install either osCommerce or osCommRes.
            Or you can install any cgi/perl/php shopping cart for them in the control panel.
            So this absolute is not a problem to have online shopping cart.
            But if he need to have ssl cert,then he must purchase at least 1 dedicated ip address and get ssl cert from somewhere else.

Comment

thanks for the reply!!

ok then .... i imagine if i have problems installing thingies help would be available here too right??

i will now go plan some marketing and a proper name and logo then apply for the resellers program!!

thanks to all!!

anton

Comment

why not?
                one of the purpose of this forum is giving help here...

Comment

I would suggest using the free resellers package, with the private DNS package. This will allow you to essentially test the system for a year so that you can figure out what works for you.

As you don't know much HTML, i would suggest that you could build your site in Joomla! this allows you to use the remote forms that you can get from the Resellers CP, and also if you want to expand the site into a shopping system then you can always add in the Virtuemart shopping cart for Joomla!.

As for other e-commerce scripts, you can use OsCommerce or OsComRes (both available through the elefante installer script), or if you wish to spend some money the I would suggest Interspires shopping cart. It's a very useful script and has a small level of server load.

As for support, if you have any problems, just post here on the forums and we'll all be happy to help you out!

Comment

Working...
                  X