Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between VPS and cPanel reseller ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between VPS and cPanel reseller ???

Hi,
    I know VPS, its a virtual server based on physical server. It uses virtualisation technology, like VMware, virtuozzo , FREEvps etc.
    I know cpanel / WHM

Both of them are used for hosting and web space reselling.

So whats the difference between them ?

What makes VPS important than cpanel / WHM so that its price is higher than cpanel Reselling ???? ( In the running course of "Hosting Business").

I think the easiest way to explain this is by using a comparison.
    cPanel is shared hosting, not only do your clients share an Ip but you share a server. The background tech is done by the people at the server end. You share a lisence for for the Panel/Whm and they control what is operational on the panels.

With a VPS there is no server sharing, but you can sell shared hosting. You are reponsible for the control panel that you choose to use. You are responsible for updates and the legal status of background programs. You have full control of what to use on your account.

Comment

jkacp, is right. However, the main difference between the VPS and cPanel remains that in case of the cPanel plan the resources of the server such as CPU time and RAM are shared, while in case of a VPS server you have specific server resources dedicated to your plan. So, if you are on cPanel plan and another user is overloading the server or using too much RAM, your sites on the same machine might be running slow or even become inaccessible until our system administrators take measures to resolve the issue, while with a VPS account you are considerably less likely experience problems due to other users overloading the server.

Comment

Working...
      X