Maximum Amount for Plans - Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Amount for Plans - Why?

I have noticed that there is a maximum that I as a reseller am allowed to set through the ResellersPanel. First, why is this? Second, is there a way around it?

The reason I am asking is because I would like to have a plan that includes the custom creation and maintenance of the web pages. As the service is currently set I would have to charge separately for the custom work.

Thanks in advance.

You can do it with API yourself.

Restrict the max amount of retail price is necessary to protect rsp from money laundering and fault.

Let's think, if A sell the business plan without domain for USD 1,000 which wholesales price only USD 40. Daily he sold 100 plans, monthly he can get 2.88M check from RSP.

Later police come to RSP and say, you involved in money laundering program and we have to sue you, then RSP have to close.

And we ?

Just my opinion.
    I also don't know the exact reason why RSP restricted us, above statement just what I guess.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Actually, wjleong is wrong here. The reason why there is a maximum price limit on web hosting plans is simpler. The payment processing operators that we use charge fees on every transaction, the fee consists of a set amount plus a percentage of the transaction amount. So, if no maximum price limits are set and resellers set very high prices for plans, the revenue of Resellers Panel would be considerably eroded by the transaction processing fees, thus the maximum price caps.

If you intend to offer additional services with web hosting (like web design, maintenance, etc) the best solution would be to use billing of your own, either through the reseller API or otherwise. Thus you will be able to set your own prices on plans without price limits and you'll pay the wholesale prices for the web hosting services to Resellers Panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        Actually, wjleong is wrong here. The reason why there is a maximum price limit on web hosting plans is simpler. The payment processing operators that we use charge fees on every transaction, the fee consists of a set amount plus a percentage of the transaction amount. So, if no maximum price limits are set and resellers set very high prices for plans, the revenue of Resellers Panel would be considerably eroded by the transaction processing fees, thus the maximum price caps.

If you intend to offer additional services with web hosting (like web design, maintenance, etc) the best solution would be to use billing of your own, either through the reseller API or otherwise. Thus you will be able to set your own prices on plans without price limits and you'll pay the wholesale prices for the web hosting services to Resellers Panel.
        Thanks for correcting me.

Comment

Working...
        X