question about free reseller program.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about free reseller program.

I would like to know fully what prices would be the domain names just the new domain names resale prices.

I currently have my own website and I coded the website from ground up. Is there a api that comes with the free resellers program?

Also for the free resellers program do you guys offer a way that we can use our own domain or company name in the whois searches? Or do you charge for this option?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The prices for a sole domain name registration vary depending on the TLD and renewal cycle factors. More on the prices can be found here: http://www.resellerspanel.com/domain...s-pricing.html

Yes, there is an API that comes with the ResellersPanel Free Reseller program and it can be used with custom designed web sites as in your case. (You can sign up for a Free Reseller account and check the documentation under the >> Reseller API section)

You can use an already registered domain name with us. In this case we will not be managing its web presence or appearance, including its privacy in the way you bring it. If you register a domain name with us, you can as well sign up (it is a paid service, though) for a private DNS Cluster that will strengthen your reseller anonymity by adding private name servers to your domain's DNS Records.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Chris

Comment

what they have not mentioned is you need 100 bucks in your 'e wallet', or to have two active members who have bought from your site in order to gain access to this functionality. Can someone explain why - other than to con a bit of money out of people. Ive just joined and am not very happy about this

Comment

I completely agree with you. In fact, I actually submitted a complaint about it via the support system. This is why I will never use their API for my free reseller account.

Comment

The limitation is in place so RSP can trust you in using their API.

2 clients or $100 in the wallet is not a con. It's a rule / requirement.

If you don't like it - then don't use it. Simple.

Comment

And there you see is my point. I don't like it so I don't use it. If they were to change it to something more amenable than that then sure, but for the moment thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanyP321 View Post
              what they have not mentioned is you need 100 bucks in your 'e wallet', or to have two active members who have bought from your site in order to gain access to this functionality. Can someone explain why - other than to con a bit of money out of people. Ive just joined and am not very happy about this
              So your saying that you can't use the API and the remote ordering form any more?

Comment

Can you explain to me a different resolution to the following situation:

You go to a grocery store and you want to buy some tomatoes and cheese to make yourself a good salad. Imagine the store as an API that is your connection to the cheese and vegetables. There is no reselling here but you can easily manage to squeeze that in the real situation as well. So, you go there and want to buy something. Do you bring any money with you, that will make sure you get the things you want, or do you start claiming everything is a con to make you give your money to the store?

You can easily bring that up here. You need money in your Wallet to purchase accounts with them. When you have a custom designed web site, you have a custom billing system, it is the Wallet that you actually use to purchase the accounts with. It is called automation.

Comment

lol, an interesting analogy mate, but you are missing a fundamental problem. A user (me) signs up for the free program, knowing that I could easily market my way up to a few users, purely by producing a unique website that hits some basic SEO principles on the head. At this stage I could pay to upgrade to the cPanel. Everybody wins!

Imagine my surprise when I find out that one in every 5 of the free users out there, is using the exact same website as myself.

That the layout is actually quite poor.

I cannot add a site map.

That google is coming up with crawl errors, that I cannot resolve!

I can understand not fully handing over the controls over to us crazy people, but there should be some form of mutual consent to adapt the most basic parts of the site. No?

It puts starters like myself on an SEO back foot and given the extreme competition out there, surely this not what either yourselves or us need/want.

Comment

lol, an interesting analogy mate, but you are missing a fundamental problem. A user (me) signs up for the free program, knowing that I could easily market my way up to a few users, purely by producing a unique website that hits some basic SEO principles on the head. At this stage I could pay to upgrade to the cPanel. Everybody wins!

Imagine my surprise when I find out that one in every 5 of the free users out there, is using the exact same website as myself.

That the layout is actually quite poor.

I cannot add a site map.

That google is coming up with crawl errors, that I cannot resolve!

I can understand not fully handing over the controls over to us crazy people, but there should be some form of mutual consent to adapt the most basic parts of the site. No?

It puts starters like myself on an SEO back foot and given the extreme competition out there, surely this not what either yourselves or us need/want.
                    The amount of customisation which can be done at the moment is enough for small resellers.

If you are serious about doing business, you should get a custom website made.

Comment

I'd make a custom website, if you didn't charge me $100 for the privelage privilege. Thats my point

Comment

I'd make a custom website, if you didn't charge me $100 for the privelage privilege. Thats my point
                        Hello SeanyP321,

Please note that in order to use the Reseller API, you have to fulfill ONE of the two conditions:
                        1) have at least two existing web hosting customers with active accounts beyond the 30-days money back guarantee period and not expiring in the next 60 days.

OR

2) have $100.00 USD in your wallet

This is to ensure that our Reseller API is not abused by anyone who has just signed up and has nothing to lose from abusing our services.

Besides the Reseller API, there is another option to use your own custom website and still have it connected to your reseller account via the Remote Froms available in the reseller control panel -> Remote Access -> Remote Forms. They are a piece of HTML code to be embedded in your own website and are usually easier to use. They do not have requirements, unlike the Reseller API.

Comment

i guess these API are costly
                          ----
                          reseller program

Comment

Working...
                          X