Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [suggestion] Free Host Trial for Designers/Resellers to sell Turnkeys

Hi

My suggestion is to allow resellers (based in his/her history with RP) to have the ability to create 7 (or 15) days free hosting accounts just to sell developed sites, then the new owner pays for the hosting bill when trial finishes.

I noticed that is easier to sell developed sites (turnkeys) than selling host space only even sitestudio and elefante make things easy. There are too many ppl who knows nothing about building websites to who we can sell developed ones for cheap or even for free when hosting with us, it should not include domain registation of course.

In my opinion, and after being a reseller for 2 years with 75 accounts curently hosted, I know that way will easily increase clients since most of my clients came this way

I understand that this is hard to implement for ALL the resellers and may be used the bad way, but may be it can be implemented for responsible resellers with some good history or something like this. Like a custom deal or something similar

I have no doubt it would work, even if some of the clients decide to move the site to other hosting. I mean, if someone buys a turnkey is because he/she knows almost nothing about progaming/installing scripts, because of that would be hard for them to move things and re-install in a different places.
    And selling turnkeys is really easy even there are a lot of people doing that coz we can go very cheap (.info domains are less than $2 these days)

Let me know your opinions

I like this idea, But thats because i already do this on another site already, plus i also offer my clients web design services too!

BREZTECH

Comment

Yea Good Idea!

Comment

There already is a free trial. If you don't like it, you can always get your money back within the 30 day money back guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by k1nj0
          There already is a free trial. If you don't like it, you can always get your money back within the 30 day money back guarantee.
          u didnt understand. pls read the post

if we, as the reseller, pay for the hosting fee in advance and then sell the site including the hosting , which would be the profit?
          u may say to sell it fr more to cover that, but imo that´s not the way.
          we should sell for cheap, very cheap or even free, and let the buyer to decide to stay hosted with us, then u will see u get nothing less than 50%-70% conversion. that´s the key

Comment

boomp, I see what you're saying, and I think it would be an interesting idea to try.

Comment

What i have done is created my own plan (With free Domain,of course) using the Liquidplan, with lots of space and b/w.
              I offer free websites to my clients with a mere 50Mb of space, let them build their own site or i assist them free within my support forum plus i give them a free web designer kit.
              I also offer them a choice of 5 different readymade templates of my own design,which they just delete my inserts and place their own within.
              If they feel they are running out of space.....VIOLA!
              Upgrade and transfer is simple.

BREZTECH

Comment

You offer your clients free webspace? What do you do give them all subdomains and FTP access?

Comment

Originally posted by midwestkel
                  You offer your clients free webspace? What do you do give them all subdomains and FTP access?
                  Yes they have mysite.com/theirs with either ftp or file manager plus their webpage designer.
                  I put my own banner on the base of their pages and offer them "free" inclusion on our "directory" page which helps everyone when it comes to the SE's.

All of them are quite happy with our arrangement and i am promoting my services at the same time.

BREZTECH

Comment

Oh thats really cool.

Comment

boomp, I will pass your suggestion to our management for consideration, although I really doubt that it would be approved and implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by BREZTECH
                        Yes they have mysite.com/theirs with either ftp or file manager plus their webpage designer.
                        I put my own banner on the base of their pages and offer them "free" inclusion on our "directory" page which helps everyone when it comes to the SE's.

All of them are quite happy with our arrangement and i am promoting my services at the same time.

BREZTECH
                        Sorry mate, but seems like offering a tic-tac to an elephant... no real value.

For one, most people will see any real value in going to a site that is a somesite.com/TheRealSiteYouWant, and your directory page is probably worth about 0 in the eyes of the SE's... unless you have major value to bring to the table, your directory will probably look more like a link farm than anything else, which won't provide value and will hurt you more at least, and maybe your clients as well.

Not trying to attack your offering or demean the value, just questioning it.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by identity
                          Sorry mate, but seems like offering a tic-tac to an elephant... no real value.

For one, most people will see any real value in going to a site that is a somesite.com/TheRealSiteYouWant, and your directory page is probably worth about 0 in the eyes of the SE's... unless you have major value to bring to the table, your directory will probably look more like a link farm than anything else, which won't provide value and will hurt you more at least, and maybe your clients as well.

Not trying to attack your offering or demean the value, just questioning it.

cheers
                          Hardly a tic-tac when it is solely targeting the NON-WEB fraternity!

"somesite.com/TheRealSiteYouWant," WHAT exactly do you think a subdomain is??

and ERM! Our "Directory" page IS OWNED by the S/E in question

Any More Questions??

BREZTECH

Comment

Originally posted by BREZTECH
                            Hardly a tic-tac when it is solely targeting the NON-WEB fraternity!

"somesite.com/TheRealSiteYouWant," WHAT exactly do you think a subdomain is??

and ERM! Our "Directory" page IS OWNED by the S/E in question

Any More Questions??

BREZTECH

Perhaps I'm not understanding how you are going about it, but I don't see much value to your customers being a subdomain of your site... If I'm looking for the website for the Dog & Pony Pub, I'm not going to expect or think to find it without looking specifically for that URL... probably typing a few in at first. Now, if you are offering URL framing so they go to dogan***nypub.com and end up on yoursite.com/dogan***nypub, that's different.

Sorry, when you said that it helps everyone when it comes to the SE's, I interpreted SE's to mean Google, Yahoo, and MSN and the thought of creating a simple reciprocal linking with your customers as that reciprocal linking has much less value today than a few years ago, especially as all links will be flowing from the same IP.

It's great that it is working successfully for you, I was only questioning the real value to SE's as I saw them and the value to your customers... not the value to you.

Comment

If you can not see the Value to my Customers, then you are NOT fully understanding my plan!
                              Obviously NOT,because you stated....
                              "I'm not going to expect or think to find it without looking specifically for that URL..."
                              With my plan they WILL find it, GUARANTEED!

Also Google,Yahoo and MSN will, and do, find sites listed on other S/Es.

All the search engines can be manipulated too, and it is quite easy to do it, all you need is the knowhow!
                              99.9999% of website submitters believe, that once the submission is made, thats the end of that! How wrong can people be?

O.K.
                              Let me explain it in Context!
                              Everyone here, and elsewhere on the internet, is targeting customers to visit their Resellers Websites.These visitors come from various fields, from S/E's, Referrals, Etc.
                              The truth is that this Flood or River is OVERFISHED!

You Yourself have admitted that......
                              "Reciprocal linking has much less value today than a few years ago"

The exclusive "Dog and Pony Pub" website will now produce you thousands upon thousands of returns in the S/E's, then you must further define your search to look for your target,you will minimise the findings, but, you will still have many to go through, so, you define your intentions again. My plan avoids this!
                              The Internet is growing at such a Gigantic Rate that by the time you find exactly what you wanted at the start, another "Dog and Pony Pub" site may have been added.
                              I have Created my plan to avoid this "Ratrace"
                              and anyone out there can do exactly the same, The ONLY cost to me is the price of the hosting for my Website on the SC servers for the plan which i created using the Liquidplan creator.

THE PLAN RUNS LIKE THIS

[edited]
                              I started to write out the plan in its entirity but, i removed it again until i decide if, and when i should publicise it for all to see and try. Apologies to all Members!.

BREZTECH

Comment

Working...
                              X