Other Payment Periods(Monthly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Payment Periods(Monthly)

I think i speak for a lot of RSP Clients when i say that the pay yearly option is scaring a lot of possible customers off, I know theres the 30 day money back guarantee but people dont like the idea of forking up an entire years worth of hosting for a company they dont know and dont trust

But if it was something that you guys were able to impliment some how i'm fairly confident we would see an increase in sales

if not monthly then quaterly at least

Whats everyones thoughts?

I agree...

My prices are low, so a lot of users are around the teenage area. Yearly payment just isn't an option for them.

However I understand that it is probably the only financially viable option....

Comment

I agree that this would be a great thing to have. I'd be willing to have higher wholesale prices just to see this option available.

Comment

I think any payment other than yearly would be a BAD idea.
        Each payment will cost us a processing fee, also, from experience I know, many people will only make the first payment and not the rest!!!!
        It cost money to process payments.
        Think,, We setup an account,pay for the domain reg, prcess the first payment, then the client pays for one month,,, Whoot , , then we spend all our time trying to collect the remaining payments. hummm does it sound profitable??
        If someone can't afford the very low prices we offer, then they can go get free hosting!!!!

Comment

I think their should be a semi annual and qauterly payment option. Although I think in order to have these two options, RSP should make those payment options considerably more expensive. (To cover any costs)..

Regards,

Comment

i forgot to add to my previous post...If you offer your customers the option of semi-annual payments, but charge them alot more (per month), then even though that will encourage them to go for the annual payments, they still at least like to have the option of going for shorter contracts

Regards,

Comment

Yearly I think is the way to go as this has been discused numerous times in the past. Also I have rarely seen any other big hosting providers that offer anything else other than yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by midwestkel View Post
                Yearly I think is the way to go as this has been discused numerous times in the past. Also I have rarely seen any other big hosting providers that offer anything else other than yearly.
                Actually if you look around a bit, many of the larger companies do offer monthly plans. Some offer semi annual and quarterly plans as well. But if you total up their monthly price for a full year it actually exceeds their annual price. A $20 a month plan is usually about $40 less a year if you pay annually.

Comment

InfoH, shorter web hosting account payment periods have been discussed on this forum a number of times. Please, use the forum search feature to locate the relevant threads. In short, we do not plan to offer shorter web hosting payment periods in the near future.

Comment

Nothing stopping anyone here from offering monthly, quarterly or any other payment plan... providing you are using your own custom design that is. I have thought of offering payment plans but, knowing that many of those that commit fraud, have phising sites [and other unsavory types] don't want to shell out a year in advance. Although, I have considered offering payment plans to customers that have paid in advance and are close to renewal.

Comment

I have a custom design but cannot offer other payment plans....because i use the remote order form from RSP. I would not use the API because why would i want to place all the burden on frauds and billing expenses on me?

Regards,

Comment

Fraud is a concern of mine but [knock on wood], I have not experienced any through my custom design using manual order. Maybe it has something to do with the notice I put on the account sign up form:

FRAUD SCRUBBING: We utilize Fraud Scrubbing procedures essential to protecting us and our customers. ALL required information below is collected to safeguard against fraud and to help keep our products and services affordable.

An account representative may call and/or email you before creating your hosting or newsgroup account to authenticate your information. Not ALL hosting and newsgroup accounts are created instantaneously as this permits us to verify that all collected information is accurate and valid.

A few of my "affiliates" have had fraudelent orders through their RSP templates.

Comment

How about 2 years ufront payment option with price lower than two 1 year payments?

Hope I was able to convey my message.

Regards,

Waqar

Comment

Conveyed well.

If you could offer a 2 year contract at a reasonable and still cheaper rate than the 1 year contract, I would think that would be a benefit to some.

Comment

Originally posted by wmghori View Post
                              How about 2 years ufront payment option with price lower than two 1 year payments?
                              I will pass your suggestion to the company management and marketing departments, however, I cannot guarantee that it will be approved and implemented.

Comment

Working...
                              X