Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip archive creator

Hello RSP,

I would like to ask you to implement to the Hosting Control Panel the ability the user to zip some files he has uploaded to the server. Just like CPanel offers...
    I think that this would be a great feature and maybe 'easy' to implement.
    In addition it would be very usefull for backup the files and folders we have to our accounts...

I would like to listen your feedback and your opinions!

Thanks in advance,
    Iasonas

i agree with you....
    but i would like to tell you,the chances will be very very low.....
    and i also want to suggest that implement the unzip function into the control panel....although i know the chances very low.....

Comment

I would like to have an official RSP answer... I don't think that it is difficult to implement.. You can use rar that it can be used from command line..

Comment

The reason clients can not use such a feature is due to numerous attempts to upload prohibited content in a zip/rar file. So our administrators were forced to disable this in order to protect our servers.

We might think of a way to have it enabled and secure at the same time, but this is not something I can actually guarantee.

Comment

I know this is an old post. But what about just implementing the ability to download the entire hosting account in a zip?

So we can easily backup an account.

Edit: I just found another post relating to this topic: http://forum.resellerspanel.com/show...ghlight=backup
          Last edited by syownet; 22-04-2007, 03:30 PM. Reason: Found another post with more information that is relevant to this conversation.

Comment

Well I believe they said you can just request for them to send it to you in a ticket.

Comment

I'm going to alter my suggestion a bit.

Could there be a feature/link in the control panel that allows a client/us to download either the weekly or daily update? So that we don't need to request a ticket, then wait a few hours?

Comment

Yea, I believe it would be nice feature I was just stating what other responses usually are.

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                  I'm going to alter my suggestion a bit.

Could there be a feature/link in the control panel that allows a client/us to download either the weekly or daily update? So that we don't need to request a ticket, then wait a few hours?
                  syownet, I will pass you suggestion to our management and developers, but I cannot guarantee that it would be approved and implemented. However, even if it is approved and implemented, it will not happen soon.

Comment

Thanks Milen. =)

Comment

Yea, seems as if there is quite a long list of features that needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
                      X