Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Should RP hosting out do ours - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should RP hosting out do ours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should RP hosting out do ours

I was just wondering the thoughts behind RSP main hosting website LonX why that site can offer such a huge plan for so little money? 120GB space and 900GB transfer for $4.95 per month that seems like someone wants to kill there comp including there resellers since we can't come even a fraction close to something like that.

I am even thinking of switching my site out of my resellers to there now that is sad.

Just a thought.

Hi,

this question was already discussed here:

In case you are interested to know how is it going with the big plans - not good at all. It is not even close to what I've expected. We will probably return the small plans. It looks like the customers are afraid of such a big numbers or it doesn't matter to them if they gonna get 15GB or 120GB since their site is only 100 MB.

Best Regards,
    Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

I think you can get to a point with free hosting where folks know that it's not "for real". Of course, there's no reason those specs can't be offered with a shared hosting plan (especially if you're offering 15 / 300 anyway), but I think such drastic overselling has become a big turnoff. It would be cool to offer plans like that, but if they're not doing well, why do we want them? And with a 50,000 file limit, you can't use all of that space anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
        I think you can get to a point with free hosting where folks know that it's not "for real". Of course, there's no reason those specs can't be offered with a shared hosting plan (especially if you're offering 15 / 300 anyway), but I think such drastic overselling has become a big turnoff. It would be cool to offer plans like that, but if they're not doing well, why do we want them? And with a 50,000 file limit, you can't use all of that space anyway.

No no no,actually you can finish your space with the 50k file limit.
        Just upload GPL license software or Linux software and make a site with the link to download this to prevent files deleted due to use as file storage which against the TOS.
        then you can see your used space will almost full even not yet 50k....

each file 300kb 50k files already 15GB
        or 500kb 50k files already 25GB

if everyone do like this,RSP will overload the server and run without space,then they have to buy more servers to host you.
        as i know,sc44 host about 1k account,if everybody use their space fully,then they have to buy at least 30++ servers to handle it....
        finally.....

Comment

Why would we want to do that? Then, our wholesale costs would rise - dramatically. Besides, you are overlooking a portion of the TOS:

Originally posted by Terms of Service Agreement
          11. *************** offers generous amounts of disk space and network bandwidth. The customers must not allow other websites or hosting servers to link to files stored in their hosting accounts, and thus steal network traffic. In order to escape unjust distribution of the resources, as well as possible sharing of illegal content, the Customers are not allowed to use their hosting accounts as a remote storage server only or solely for the purpose of sharing (un)archived images, programs or sound files. At least 80% of all files and/or total megabytes used (including MP3, WAV, RA, GIF, JPG, ZIP, RAR, but not limited to these file extensions) in each hosting account must be a part of actual, active website(s) content, i.e. all content files must have corresponding HTML or PHP files, which link to them. Furthermore, these files may amount to no more than 50% of the customer's total monthly traffic usage. If requested, the Customer should prove that a given file is a constituent part of an actual page and not only stored on the server within 24 hours of the request.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
            if everyone do like this,RSP will overload the server and run without space,then they have to buy more servers to host you.
            as i know,sc44 host about 1k account,if everybody use their space fully,then they have to buy at least 30++ servers to handle it....
            finally.....
            What is the meaning of this, because I do not get it? I do not want to nag at you, but perhaps, if you used capital letters and spaced your punctuation marks properly (i.e. left a free space after a comma), it would help you express yourself more clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
              No no no,actually you can finish your space with the 50k file limit.
              Just upload GPL license software or Linux software and make a site with the link to download this to prevent files deleted due to use as file storage which against the TOS.
              then you can see your used space will almost full even not yet 50k....

each file 300kb 50k files already 15GB
              or 500kb 50k files already 25GB

finally.....

Yea, i don't understand what your trying to say...

Comment

trying to fe funny?? ...ending up funnier

Comment

The way I translated it is that he wants some sort of hippie movement, where we all upload huge files to the RSP servers, max out the storage capacities of our accounts, and force RSP to buy hundreds of new servers to meet the demand of everyone maxing out their storage space. ROFLOL

Comment

What he is wanting to do would cause many of us to forfeit our hosting accounts due to TOS violations. Wjleong, if you want to do something like this, pursue it on your own. This would only allow RSP to free up a lot of space for new accounts and profit from it 10 fold.

Also I think if I was to upload a linux distribution to my account, the alarms would be going off at RSP headquarters soon as someone tried to download it. Then my account would be suspended whether or not the file would be linked to a page.
                    Last edited by Guest; 27-01-2007, 03:22 AM.

Comment

I just noticed LoneX posted an offer on the FWS forum in the paid offers section. I have to say, that was a potential bad call. Many of the reputable hosts there will laugh it up because they know its not feasible to offer that kind of space and bandwidth at those prices. Plus a majority of the potential clients there are looking for far less when it comes to space and bandwidth.

Also, I really hope those 120gb, 180gb and 250gb accounts are hosted on servers of their own and not being sold on the same servers as the average corporate, business and enterprise accounts. I'm on server 20 which had a lot of problems in the past and would hate to see a repeat of those problems because of those over sold large accounts.

I don't understand why you guys have so many different brands and host clients from all those brands on the same servers. Seems like a time bomb waiting to go off to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X