No announcement yet.

Discount Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you would assume they wouldn't want people using up bandwith and space on the main frame for stuff that they already use on another account. Most are strict regarding what you do with multiple free things. Nice of you to offer that though.

Comment

Anyway...back to topic: I would like to know if any of you use the technique I suggested above to implement discount coupons/codes, and what your experience of them is in terms of sales and ability to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        We have always allowed our resellers to have as many free reseller accounts as they like, as long as they are not affiliates of one another. I do not why you have decided that it is frowned upon.
        Hey, thanks for the reply. I figured it is just wasting space/bandwith (as Tyler pointed out)..etc

Regards,

Comment

I would rather be able to set up 6 different plans and then send people to one of them with discount already set up.

3 regular price plans and 3 discount plans.

Comment

That works to if it just when they enter the code it goes to a certain plan. But either way if it can happen great if not oh well.

Comment

As per my suggestion above, I have implemented it and it works great, check it out: signup

It works well, I have multiple coupons setup, to test it out use coupon code: imfeelinglucky

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                We have always allowed our resellers to have as many free reseller accounts as they like, as long as they are not affiliates of one another. I do not why you have decided that it is frowned upon.
                Can We use Same DNS Cluster for all of our Free reseller Account?

Comment

Like for multiple accounts?

Comment

Yea I think that's what hes means.

Comment

Originally posted by sadiqbd View Post
                      Can We use Same DNS Cluster for all of our Free reseller Account?
                      No, you cannot use the same DNS Cluster (the same nameserver settings) for client account under different reseller accounts.

Comment

Guys what I do, is I provide discounts only for first year. So people sign up, they get created in one of my other accounts, and in that other account, I have disabled plan renewal, changing plans and adding services. The moment I get an email telling me I have a new client in one of my other accounts, I ask RSP to move it over to my master account, that way the client will renew on standard prices.

It doesn't really matter if they see are given different DNS at first I do not think.

Milen, is multiple stores going to be coming to RSP Control Panel soon?

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                          Milen, is multiple stores going to be coming to RSP Control Panel soon?
                          It is under development, but I do not know when it will be ready and made available to resellers.

Comment

If anyone would like assistance adding coupon/discount code support to their reseller website, I have written a script that automates the process, supporting multiple coupons which can be enabled/disabled and also have expiry dates so the coupon becomes unavailable automatically. Just PM me.

P.S. My script requires MySQL + PHP.
                            Last edited by syownet; 16-05-2007, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Hi syownet, PMd you

Comment

Nope - no PM in my inbox

Comment

Working...
                                X