• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Possibly) Stolen Design

"Many hours" hey?

Is this allowed?

?

It might just be the firewall on my work computer but no site shows up for me when clicking on those links. Ill guess Ill check it out when I get home.

Comment

This is very well illegal from what I know but since we are allowed to use them it may be legal. I'm not all sure but I would think it would be illegal.
      I have reported it to management
      and they will get in contact with them and take further actions.
      Last edited by TylerGillen; 11-05-2007, 11:07 PM. Reason: Update on What is Going On

Comment

redtrain, thank you for reporting this, we will investigate the matter thoroughly.

TylerGillen, we do allow our resellers to use our templates or template elements to create their own custom designed resellers sites, but if and only if they use the custom designed reseller site to resell our services. We even allow our resellers to provide offer services from other providers on their custom designed site in addition to our services, despite the confusion and hassle this practice causes occasionally. However, using our templates or template elements (such as pictures, banners, buttons, logos, etc.) to advertise, market or sell only the service of a different provider constitutes a copyright infringement and will be regarded and treated as such. It is even sadder when the person doing this is a long-time reseller of ours.

Comment

Wow when I had a discussion with him his excuse was he got them when he bought it from eBay which I knew sounded totally fake. It is sad when people have to steal other peoples work and take their claim for it. Makes such good services want to quit providing free services as they get ripped off.

Comment

Why would he copy site. I am sure google will see site as duplicate content and not list it after a while.

It is exact copy so you know they either copied the site or bought copy of it.

Comment

Google does not run that way and will index the site anyways. It won't be long until the site has been either changed or taken down due the that persons infringement of copyright.

Comment

Wow, that's sick.

Comment

Yea most definitely.

Comment

Yea google is great but sucks that it index's everything.

Comment

Yea, it would suck if they did make it so it wouldn't index copied sites as that means most resellers wouldn't get their site index. Plus it would be hard for them to determine who had the design first.

Comment

yea for sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X