Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REWRITE Mod , and SEO for our stores!

hello :
    it is easy to write a simple Mod Rewrite for our stores link to be Search engines friendly , and that will give our stores a Boost in search engines!

our sites are way too far in google or other search engines!
    why don't you add this Mod, and other Mods like :
    - RSS Feed
    - Google sitemap
    - simple URLs .

that will help us alot to get more results from search engines.

All good ideas. Forwarded to the Marketing Dept. Of course I cannot tell you for sure whether or when it will be done, but the ideas are good, so I think that they will be taken seriously and most likely implemented.

Comment

Sorry for answering such an old thread, but I must say this suggestion is quite useless. Reseller stores rendered by the RSP templates will never rank well on search engines simply because they are all full of duplicate content. The only way to give us a chance on the search engines is to allow us to change/add texts to a much larger extent than today, so we can create anything close to unique content.
      Secondly, the significance of so called "search engine friendly URL:s" is quite an overestimated aspect of SEO.

Comment

Originally posted by maxa View Post
        Sorry for answering such an old thread, but I must say this suggestion is quite useless. Reseller stores rendered by the RSP templates will never rank well on search engines simply because they are all full of duplicate content. The only way to give us a chance on the search engines is to allow us to change/add texts to a much larger extent than today, so we can create anything close to unique content.
        Moot point. You can create your own site and I strongly suggest that you do.

Secondly, the significance of so called "search engine friendly URL:s" is quite an overestimated aspect of SEO.
        Incorrect. Client sites that I have applied SEF additions to have increased in both rank and position. SEF Urls alone can only do so much - content and linking is also necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post

Moot point. You can create your own site and I strongly suggest that you do.

Incorrect. Client sites that I have applied SEF additions to have increased in both rank and position. SEF Urls alone can only do so much - content and linking is also necessary.

I did not say SEF urls does not help. I said it's significance is overestimated, and I have good reason to say so. However, that was not my main point. If you want success on search engines, you should not use RSP templates, but make your own site (unless you can manage to get thousands of high-juicy inbound links).

Comment

I did not say SEF urls does not help. I said it's significance is overestimated, and I have good reason to say so. However, that was not my main point. If you want success on search engines, you should not use RSP templates, but make your own site (unless you can manage to get thousands of high-juicy inbound links).
            Well, it's better to use SEF Urls than not to do so.

about the duplicated contents,
            the site with the more backlinks will get higher ranking, that's it.

but then we will get more chance to be seen by SE.

Comment

Working...
            X