Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 3Box Template Mistakes - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Box Template Mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Box Template Mistakes

Hi,

I found a few things wrong with the 3Box template that should be fixed somewhat soon...

1. If you go to http://**********.com/?lang=en&actio...bmenu=elefante

you will see that banner that says "Over 30 Scripts" has the "t" missing from the word "scripts and therefore says "scrips".

2. On the support overview page at http://**********.com/?lang=en&action=support, find the following text...

"You can use our online form and get in touch with us 24 hours a day."

The words "online form" in that text really should be a hyperlink to the online form itself. That really would be the right way to do it. Remember, such a page as this will not only be read by prospective customers but also by current customers looking for support and therefore the link would be very helpful to them.

3. If you look at the hosting plans comparison page http://**********.com/?lang=en&actio...ubmenu=compare as well as the details page for each hosting plan, you will notice that every hosting plan that does not include SSH/Telnet access has a red "X" signifying that SSH/Telnet access is not included in the plan.

However, I believe that instead of the red "X" it should say "optional". Using the word "optional" lets the prospective customer know that SSH/Telnet is available if desired. The red "x" makes it seem as though it is not included AND also not even available to the customer should they desire SSH/Telnet access. This could be a deal breaker for some prospects. This is a very bad error, in my humble opinion.

In fact, Lonex.com and OpenHost.us (RSP's retail hosting sites, for those that don't know) both use the word "optional' instead of the red "x" because it really is the right way. The red "x" is misleading.
    Last edited by Guest; 20-10-2007, 01:28 AM. Reason: SORRY, I POSTED THIS TO THE WRONG SECTION. DIDN'T MEAN TO.

Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
    1. If you go to http://**********.com/?lang=en&actio...bmenu=elefante
    you will see that banner that says "Over 30 Scripts" has the "t" missing from the word "scripts and therefore says "scrips".
    I will pass this to the development team.

2. On the support overview page at http://**********.com/?lang=en&action=support, find the following text...
    "You can use our online form and get in touch with us 24 hours a day."
    The words "online form" in that text really should be a hyperlink to the online form itself. That really would be the right way to do it. Remember, such a page as this will not only be read by prospective customers but also by current customers looking for support and therefore the link would be very helpful to them.
    I will pass this suggestion to the development team as well. The form in question is available on the Contact Us page of the 3Box and BlueBasic (former #16) templates. Please, have in mind that all submissions through this online form are sent to the reseller's email address and not to our team, consequently the form is not intended for technical support questions, which is indicated by the "IMPORTANT" notice at the bottom of the Support page of the two templates.

3. If you look at the hosting plans comparison page http://**********.com/?lang=en&actio...ubmenu=compare as well as the details page for each hosting plan, you will notice that every hosting plan that does not include SSH/Telnet access has a red "X" signifying that SSH/Telnet access is not included in the plan.
    However, I believe that instead of the red "X" it should say "optional". Using the word "optional" lets the prospective customer know that SSH/Telnet is available if desired. The red "x" makes it seem as though it is not included AND also not even available to the customer should they desire SSH/Telnet access. This could be a deal breaker for some prospects. This is a very bad error, in my humble opinion.
    In fact, Lonex.com and OpenHost.us (RSP's retail hosting sites, for those that don't know) both use the word "optional' instead of the red "x" because it really is the right way. The red "x" is misleading.
    This is a very old issue. I have sent numerous requests about it to the development team, but it has not been fixed so far. The issue affects all custom web hosting plans created by the resellers through the plan builder, for which the reseller has chosen not to include SSH access by default. I will send another reminder about it to the development team, but somehow I doubt that they will fix this anytime soon (I guess that the developers consider this an insignificant issue and it is somewhere at the bottom of their task list).

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
      I will send another reminder about it to the development team, but somehow I doubt that they will fix this anytime soon (I guess that the developers consider this an insignificant issue and it is somewhere at the bottom of their task list).
      UNbelieveable!!! It's not even close to being an insignificant issue. It's quite significant and they know it, which is why the Lonex and OpenHost sites do say "optional". They know that it's not only right, but also very important.

Anyhow, thank you for hearing me out and passing along to the devlopers, Milen.

Comment

It's quite significant and they know it, which is why the Lonex and OpenHost sites do say "optional".
        Lonex and OpenHost only offer standard plans; this is why this issue does not affect them, as it only affects custom plans that do not include SSH by default.

Comment

it only affects custom plans that do not include SSH by default.
          Not sure I understand you. I just activated a non-SSH "standard" plan in my store (the "Business" plan) and it too has a red "X" in the comparion grid at the SSH/Telnet line just like all my non-SSH custom plans. It doesn't say "optional".

Am I missing something here? Did I misunderstand you, Milen?

Comment

??Server Hardware specs??

Not sure I understand you. I just activated a non-SSH "standard" plan in my store (the "Business" plan) and it too has a red "X" in the comparion grid at the SSH/Telnet line just like all my non-SSH custom plans. It doesn't say "optional".

Am I missing something here? Did I misunderstand you, Milen?
            Actually, the "X" only applies to the 3Box templates. If you switch back to the Blue Basic #16 template, you will see the "Optional" sign in the "SSH/Telnet" line.

One more thing to mention here.. At the "About Us" page where there's the "Server Hardware" section, it is stated that the server hardware is: Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz Quad Core, 4 GB RAM, 2x750 GB SATA II Seagate in RAID 1. But some of the pages(particularly in Blue Basic template) shows that the server hardware is: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2.4 GHz (2400 MHz), Core 2 Duo with 2MB Cache, 4GB RAM, 2 X 500GB SATA Hard Drives, RAID 1 Back up, 1Gb Network Card, Debian Linux Operating System.

A check with the support team by opening a ticket shows that the server is running Core 2 Duo (the support fella said). So which is which? Its so confusing. Some pages even show Dual Opteron. Can anybody clarify this?

Comment

Originally posted by JLHC View Post
              Actually, the "X" only applies to the 3Box templates. If you switch back to the Blue Basic #16 template, you will see the "Optional" sign in the "SSH/Telnet" line.
              Thanks for the info, I never realized that, actually. I di dnot bother to check it because to

But on further investigation, I have noticed tha tthe "optional" only shows up in
              the old template #16 on standard plans, as Milen said.
              You can see what I mean here...

Every single ZFS storage-based shared website hosting package offered by LiquidNet Ltd Hosting features a detailed live stats instrument and a 24-7 tech assistance solution.

So they are only half-way there. But this, I feel, is a big deal that needs "fixed".

Comment

same plan, different prices

Hi,
                I am livin in Ethi*opia and i offering hosting plans for decent prices. to have customers frm i*ndia with a cheaper price where the competition is high, i signed up for a new a/c. i created some custom plans in first a/c and then using same specification i did those with my new a/c. but both looks diferent! 10 Mysql Db is with 600mb in first and the same gives only 300mb in second. 200 email id's gives 400 email aliases in one and only 100 aliases in the second.

i would'nt have created a second accont if the order form shows only 1 plan at a time. i.e. if i create a plan for i*ndia with cheaper price and if client frm another country sees it while ordering, certainly that business is gone. so like old forms, only 1 plan (without showing all plans in a drop down box) is better. or its more better to have both options-to show a specific plan in order form or show all plans in a drop down box. So that we can use same domain for different countries (NS) and plans with different prices according to currency value. In Kuw*ait, a domain costs much more than it costs in i*ndia

Comment

As far as I can see “Optional” is listed for all standard plans that do not include SSH by default on both BlueBasic and 3Box templates. I am not sure whether this was changed earlier today or has been this way before.

By the way, the typo in the banner that you mentioned as item #1 is already fixed.

But some of the pages(particularly in Blue Basic template) shows that the server hardware is: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2.4 GHz (2400 MHz), Core 2 Duo with 2MB Cache, 4GB RAM, 2 X 500GB SATA Hard Drives, RAID 1 Back up, 1Gb Network Card, Debian Linux Operating System.
                  Can you, please be more specific as to what pages exactly of the Blue Basic template show this, because I cannot find these pages? (You do not need to post a store link here, just give me the paths to the pages like this: About Us-> Data Centers & Servers, for example)

A check with the support team by opening a ticket shows that the server is running Core 2 Duo (the support fella said). So which is which? Its so confusing. Some pages even show Dual Opteron. Can anybody clarify this?
                  Server hardware varies from server to server. Newer typically servers have newer/better hardware. While we always try to specify the hardware of the server that is currently accepting signups on the reseller template, it is possible for some discrepancies to appear. If you have signed up for an hosting account some time ago, it is quite possible that the server, where your account is located might not be using the latest hardware, although Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU, together with the rest of the specifications is not a bad machine for a server (some of the earlier servers run much older hardware and still perform quite well). By the way, although older, Dual Opteron CPUs are also quite good and well performing CPUs for a server.

Originally posted by San View Post
                  I am livin in Ethi*opia and i offering hosting plans for decent prices. to have customers frm i*ndia with a cheaper price where the competition is high, i signed up for a new a/c. i created some custom plans in first a/c and then using same specification i did those with my new a/c. but both looks diferent! 10 Mysql Db is with 600mb in first and the same gives only 300mb in second. 200 email id's gives 400 email aliases in one and only 100 aliases in the second.
                  San, you should open a support ticket about this issue, specifying the usernames of the reseller accounts and the names of the hosting plans in question.

i would'nt have created a second accont if the order form shows only 1 plan at a time. i.e. if i create a plan for i*ndia with cheaper price and if client frm another country sees it while ordering, certainly that business is gone. so like old forms, only 1 plan (without showing all plans in a drop down box) is better. or its more better to have both options-to show a specific plan in order form or show all plans in a drop down box. So that we can use same domain for different countries (NS) and plans with different prices according to currency value. In Kuw*ait, a domain costs much more than it costs in i*ndia
                  If you only offer one web hosting plan though a specific web hosting account, the template and the Sign Up/Order form respectively will only display this one plan. It is hardly possible to determine what plans you would like to display for a specific market (even if it is possible, it would complicate the reseller control panel immensely and quite needlessly, in my opinion, as well). However, one of the reason why we allow resellers to open as many free accounts as they like is to allow them the opportunity to cater to different markets with different prices and/or plans.

Comment

As far as I can see “Optional” is listed for all standard plans that do not include SSH by default on both BlueBasic and 3Box templates. I am not sure whether this was changed earlier today or has been this way before.

By the way, the typo in the banner that you mentioned as item #1 is already fixed.
                    You're right, the standard plans do show SSH as "optional" in 3Box. My mistake.

At any rate, the non-standard custom plans show a red "x" and this is a large issue needing resolution, IMHO. This would be a VERY simple fix. They simply make the change in the script to show the text "Optional" rather than the image file of the red "x". That should be such a simple and quick fix that even my dog could do it.

Thanks Milen.

Comment

second reseler acount

If you only offer one web hosting plan though a specific web hosting account, the template and the Sign Up/Order form respectively will only display this one plan. It is hardly possible to determine what plans you would like to display for a specific market (even if it is possible, it would complicate the reseller control panel immensely and quite needlessly, in my opinion, as well). However, one of the reason why we allow resellers to open as many free accounts as they like is to allow them the opportunity to cater to different markets with different prices and/or plans.
                      Hi,
                      Its nice that we can have as many resler acounts. If so, wat about the nameservers? i purchased one ns and can it be used for all acounts? i have to do business in two countries with diferent prices.
                      in old remote order forms, we had the option to add 'plan'. but in the new one, all the offered plans are visible. if i have 4 offered plans, 2 each for diferent countries with diferent prices, its not advisable to use one form. when i open a suport ticket, i was informed that "not my nameserver will be shown in second acount control panel and in welcome email". i cant have a second nameserver for another 20usd.

if rsp includes a chance to offer only a plan in the remote order form, it will be best. hope others will come with their views.

Comment

Please look at the 3Box template for HOSTING > BUSINESS or CORPORATE PLAN > SITE MANAGEMENT TOOLS > SSH/Telnet.

It shows a red "X" there. Shouldn't it be an "Optional" word if what you say is correct?

Comment

Hi,
                          Its nice that we can have as many resler acounts. If so, wat about the nameservers? i purchased one ns and can it be used for all acounts? i have to do business in two countries with diferent prices.
                          in old remote order forms, we had the option to add 'plan'. but in the new one, all the offered plans are visible. if i have 4 offered plans, 2 each for diferent countries with diferent prices, its not advisable to use one form. when i open a suport ticket, i was informed that "not my nameserver will be shown in second acount control panel and in welcome email". i cant have a second nameserver for another 20usd.

if rsp includes a chance to offer only a plan in the remote order form, it will be best. hope others will come with their views.
                          San, you are hijacking my thread. Your posts have little to do with my original thread. Please start your own thread. It will be better for you, for me, and for forum readers. This is very bad forum etiquette.

Please look at the 3Box template for HOSTING > BUSINESS or CORPORATE PLAN > SITE MANAGEMENT TOOLS > SSH/Telnet.

It shows a red "X" there. Shouldn't it be an "Optional" word if what you say is correct?
                          JLHC is right, Milen. I was only looking that the plan comparison page, but in the individual plan overview pages, the SSH shows with a red "X" and not "optional as it should, even for the custom plans.

So what needs "fixing" here is that non-standard/custom plans need to show as "optional" rather than a red "X" on the plan comparison page and for each plan's individual overview pages the SSH needs to be changed from the red "X" to optional for all plans, standard and non-standard/custom.
                          Last edited by Guest; 23-10-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

[B]JLHC is right, Milen. I was only looking that the plan comparison page, but in the individual plan overview pages, the SSH shows with a red "X" and not "optional as it should, even for the custom plans.
                            You are both right. I have just sent another reminder about this to the Development team.
                            By the way, issue #2 from the first post in the thread is resolved as well.

Its nice that we can have as many resler acounts. If so, wat about the nameservers? i purchased one ns and can it be used for all acounts?
                            The support team member has informed you correctly. The private nameservers can only be used with one reseller account.

Comment

By the way, issue #2 from the first post in the thread is resolved as well.
                              Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X