No announcement yet.

Bad news to abandon Wordpay which is multi-language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why don't try/use moneybookers ?it has lower rate than 2checkout.
    i personally dislike 2checkout,even hate it.
    since i start buying services/products from internet,i never success paid via 2checkout,even the link given by the sales.
    i believe moneybooker can cover the rest of the countries which do not covered by paypal.
    consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by shahper View Post
      Little drops make the mighty ocean. You can't just ignore them.
      Unfortunately, this is not always so in business. You need to weigh the potential revenues from a certain market segment against the expected costs and if the latter are higher, you simply exist this market segment.

1. Why don't you offer moneybookers as a cc processor in addition to paypal. (I think it's free.)
      There are no free payment gateways as there is no free lunch. All payment gateways base their business model on collecting a percentage of the funds that pass through their system. They might not require a fee from the buyer to use the system, but they always require a fee from the merchant or the service provider.

2. If you can't go with option "1", then just simply provide a link in order page, "Don't want to pay with PayPal", Clicking the link user should see a link "Pay with 2CO".(all that using AJAX). I hope you understand my point.
      I have already explained above that while keeping 2CheckOut as an alternative payment gateway we do not want to encourage payments through their system, due to the substantially higher processing fees. This is why 2CheckOut payments will be supported only in the form of payment links provided by the sales staff, in case that PayPal payment is not possible or cannot go through for any reason. 2CheckOut payments will not be integrated into the order form in one way or another.

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
      why don't try/use moneybookers ?it has lower rate than 2checkout.
      They might have lower rates, however, there is also the fact that 2CheckOut is a familiar payment gateway with which we have been working for quite a long time. We know the limitations and the disadvantages of their system (like higher cost), but we have also established the level of trustworthiness of their system, which we would have to do again from scratch with a new payment gateway. This is not a trial and error case for new payment gateways.

Comment

There are no free payment gateways as there is no free lunch. All payment gateways base their business model on collecting a percentage of the funds that pass through their system. They might not require a fee from the buyer to use the system, but they always require a fee from the merchant or the service provider.
        What I mean to say is, it's almost free.

They might have lower rates, however, there is also the fact that 2CheckOut is a familiar payment gateway with which we have been working for quite a long time. We know the limitations and the disadvantages of their system (like higher cost), but we have also established the level of trustworthiness of their system, which we would have to do again from scratch with a new payment gateway. This is not a trial and error case for new payment gateways.
        Moneybookers might be a new payment gateway for you but not for world. They are in the business for quite some time.

However, it seems that you stand quite firm on your decision to go with PayPal.

plz confirm me whether an online consumer from a country that's not supported by PayPal, can pay to it using his/her credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
          Actually this is wrong. PayPal payments are accepted from 14 out of the 20 countries in South and Southeast Asia, namely: Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Maldives, Nepal, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam or 70% of countries in the region by number, which is still a I suppose a wider coverage than the one provided by any other payment gateway. The countries in this region, from which PayPal does not accept payments are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, East Timor, Iran, Myanmar and Pakistan. Of these at least half are countries with which the USA (PayPal is a US company) has tough diplomatic relations and East Timor is not recognized by the United Nations. Unfortunately, it is not like prospective clients from these countries are currently storming us either.
          Are you sure East Timor is not recognized by UN? There's UN peacekeeping force there you know. What about countries from the middle east?

Comment

plz confirm me whether an online consumer from a country that's not supported by PayPal, can pay to it using his/her credit card.
            No, as far as I understand it. This is why we are keeping 2CheckOut as an alternative payment gateway for clients that cannot pay through PayPal, for one reason or another.

Originally posted by JLHC View Post
            Are you sure East Timor is not recognized by UN?
            Yes, pretty sure.

There's UN peacekeeping force there you know.
            International recognition of East Timor, as an independent country, does not a automatically follow from UN having peace corps there.

What about countries from the middle east?
            PayPal's website offers a list of all countries from which it accepts payments.

Comment

Credit Cards can be used via PayPal's service, no matter the location in the world the user is in.

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                Credit Cards can be used via PayPal's service, no matter the location in the world the user is in.
                But not all reseller can get to withdraw money from PayPal. Some countries are not supported yet.

Comment

Why do you have to worry about that? RSP's the one who's going to pay you, not Paypal.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerboy View Post
                    Why do you have to worry about that? RSP's the one who's going to pay you, not Paypal.
                    If I'm not mistaken, PayPal will allow you to have your commissions sent into your PayPal account at a lower amount, maybe you will get your money when your wallet has accumulated to U$25, whereas you need U$50 to get your check now, without mentioning your local bank's charges when converting US dollar check into your country's currencies. Don't forget about the time for sending the check to you and the processing time. PayPal can handle that all, but the problem is not every country can use PayPal withdrawal, even if you can, most country only got to credit the amount into their credit card, but not check or bank wire or withdrawal from local bank, so more options should be needed.

What about prepaid credit card with MasterCard or Visa card logo? Is it supported?

Source:-

The multi-currency solution will allow our resellers to offer web hosting and domain registration services in USD, EUR, GBP, AUD and CAD currencies on their web stores, as well as in their clients' Control Panels. The customers will be able to continue to pay in any of these currencies, but the resellers will select the main store currency. The main benefit of this solution is that the advertised currency will match the needs of each reseller's target group better, thus making the hosting offer more adequate to the local markets.
                    At the same time, the resellers will be able to choose the currency for their commissions. The profit from each sale will be re-calculated in the selected commission currency, which can be different from the default store currency, and will be paid through any of the payment methods that are available - check, PayPal or bank wire.

Comment

But not all reseller can get to withdraw money from PayPal. Some countries are not supported yet.

now paypal can withdraw money to debit/credit card...

PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay online without revealing your credit card number.

Comment

JHLC, your a bit off target, we're discussing the use of PayPal only for billing clients, not for paying commissions. Open a new thread if you want to discuss methods for paying commissions for resellers.

Comment

Im in favour of this move, and i was going to say what syownet said lol.

Going over the comission bit, it's no different from how we've been paid before. The only difference is that you can choose the currency that you get it in rather than receiving it in US$.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, PayPal will allow you to have your commissions sent into your PayPal account at a lower amount, maybe you will get your money when your wallet has accumulated to U$25, whereas you need U$50 to get your check now, without mentioning your local bank's charges when converting US dollar check into your country's currencies. Don't forget about the time for sending the check to you and the processing time. PayPal can handle that all, but the problem is not every country can use PayPal withdrawal, even if you can, most country only got to credit the amount into their credit card, but not check or bank wire or withdrawal from local bank, so more options should be needed.
                            The thing is, Li-qui-d_N-et is the one having ties with Paypal to process the billings, not "Your Company/You" with Paypal. So, if you want to receive comissions from Paypal directly, Li-qui-d_N-et would have to create individual accounts of resellers with Paypal and this all gets very complicated.

Comment

The minimum reseller commission release amounts are equal for PayPal and checks and are both set at $50USD. There are no changes to the available reseller commission payment methods either. Besides, I do not see how leaving WorldPay as a payment gateway affects reseller commission payment methods at all. We have never offered to pay reseller commissions through WorldPay, neither have I ever encountered a reseller request to do so either. I also doubt that any of the free resellers has a merchant account with WorldPay, considering WorldPay's monetary guarantee requirements.

What about prepaid credit card with MasterCard or Visa card logo? Is it supported?
                              I do not know. You can try checking on PayPal's site or contact their support staff about it.
                              Last edited by Milen; 01-11-2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I am almost positive that you can use anything with a MasterCard & Visa logo where ever those cards are accepted - which is just about everywhere. Those type of cards are not much different than a check card/debit card with the logo's.

Source:-

Comment

Working...
                                X