Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Paypal as main processor = better seller anonymity! ??? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal as main processor = better seller anonymity! ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arguments aside gentlemen I think while yes, the suggestions that MacCheesey are good, they are more for the experienced reseller. At the moment, you can still have an RSP account that can make sales for free. You just don't buy a domain name, private cluster etc. From what you are saying, as i understand it, is to basically merge the CPanel and free reseller accounts. This defeats the purpose of having the two. Once the reseller that has managed to get enough steady income, THEN he/she can upgrade to the CPanel account and carry on from there. It's all about progression IMHO.

Taking Toolsavvy as an example (i apologise in advance if i offend you by saying this mate), he is new to RSP. He has a hell of alot riding on making this work for him, and he will probably agree with me that this is a steep learning curve for someone who doesn't really know what they are doing. He's doing the best that he can, and so are many other resellers here. Even if it doesn't match how well you are doing MacCheesy, at least they are doing their best with what they can do.

Comment

Chameleon ~

That's where I think my suggestions above can work for both the initial startup and those of us that have been at it for awhile.

I never suggested charging a monthly fee in place of a free program. It could still be free to sign up and use.
      No one would be forced to create their own site but could use the templates offered by RP. No one would be forced to purchase a domain, they could go with what is currently offered to those who don't have a domain name. If you don't want the private cluster, don't buy it and use what is offered for free.

However, those of us that are making money and spending money on these extra services should have options as well without having to move their clients to the cPanel program. That is a time consuming operation. Not only that, what about those clients that have been with me for over a year who have come accustomed to the RSP control panel and the features it offers?

So, basically what I have suggested is that the two programs be combined but with tier levels:

1st Tier - You get the basics
      2nd Tier - You choose to pay for certain services and in return, get a larger discount off hosting plan costs and services

Fact is, if you want to make money and be successful, you have to spend money... period.

Also, consider the fact that Kalin & Nikolay started the cPanel program because people were asking for it - they prefer we use the free reseller program.

Comment

Another thought I had today...

With anonymity being a topic of conversation lately, and PayPal being the preferred payment processor, why are we not able to use our PayPal email address somehow where we are paid and then billed for the product?? This would solve all issues including hosting control panel sales. It can be done so, its just a question of getting it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          Taking Toolsavvy as an example (i apologise in advance if i offend you by saying this mate), he is new to RSP. He has a hell of alot riding on making this work for him, and he will probably agree with me that this is a steep learning curve for someone who doesn't really know what they are doing. He's doing the best that he can, and so are many other resellers here. Even if it doesn't match how well you are doing MacCheesy, at least they are doing their best with what they can do.
          No offense taken, Chameleon. I understand what you are saying and I only wish Maccheese could adopt your method of relating to people. It really boggles my mind how someone so rude and crude could actually make money in his own business or be successful at any capitalistic endeavor, especially in such a saturated market as hosting and web design - which is why I take his claims with a grain of salt. But that is off-topic.

But for the record. I am not banking on RSP reselling to make a living for me from nothing. I am not new to owning and running businesses, online or offline. I have owned 2 offline businesses in my past and I have run and still run a few small online endeavors. So, I am not new to internet marketing, SEO, or online business at all. I was hoping to add RSP reselling to a mix of income earners I already have. You see, I have an idea of how to gain a certain type of hosting customer in a niche market. However, my biggest obstacle is choosing a WL hosting solution. I found RSP years ago when I had my idea but I never went through with it, partly because I felt RSP was too young to use as a host and from complaints I read here and on other forums about RSP support and servers.

Anyway, I came back here to see if maybe things have changed. I know that in the outside world, RSP still has a bad reputation and always will, but that is mostly to do with the fact that people in the web hosting community seem to think RSP resellers are not real hosts and really just affiliates. Although that is not true, it is what they think. I also realize that the vast majority of the RSP haters are merely wannabes and chronic bashers.

As far as what RSP resellers think of RSP, well, I still see a lot of complaining in the forums here. But I also seem to see a common thread. That is , the same people seem to do the complaining and seem to have a bad attitude in general. So, maybe I am better off not believing them or trusting their word and just getting on with my plan. RSP free reseller plans are just what I need for my idea to run smoothly. I cannot worry about billing and all that other stuff. I will take another week to dwell on it, I guess and then I will make my decision whether to forget about RSP or start using them and not look back.

Anyway, I know it is off-topic but I wanted to get that off my chest for some reason.

While I do not foresee myself needing more anonymity than RSP already provides right now, I do think that total anonymity would be nice. However, I understand that this is not a dream world and that 100% anonymity could probably never be achieved for various reason beyond my control as well as beyond RSP's control. I believe I may be able to make due with the amount of anonymity provided at this point.

I only started this thread about the Payapal anonymity because it seemed like a good idea to throw the idea around and see what others think. All in all, I think it was a good thread to start.

BTW, while many seem to harp on the anonimity issue, I personally believe, in my case, taht the billing issue is a bigger deal. Annual billing is not that attractive to many, especially to those that I will be targeting. I know I could offer my own billing, but that would not be possible if I want my plan to run smoothly. Oh well, we'll have to see. I do understand that monthly billing may never be possible, but I do think that quarterly billing should be implemented at some point in the near future.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2007, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
            No offense taken, Chameleon. I understand what you are saying and I only wish Maccheese could adopt your method of relating to people. It really boggles my mind how someone so rude and crude could actually make money in his own business or be successful at any capitalistic endeavor, especially in such a saturated market as hosting and web design - which is why I take his claims with a grain of salt. But that is off-topic.

As far as what RSP resellers think of RSP, well, I still see a lot of complaining in the forums here. But I also seem to see a common thread. That is , the same people seem to do the complaining and seem to have a bad attitude in general. So, maybe I am better off not believing them or trusting their word and just getting on with my plan.
            From my experience here, there are "crude", "rude", "bad attitude" etc. members in this forum(No names mentioned), but they have also been the more helpful ones.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerboy View Post
              From my experience here, there are "crude", "rude", "bad attitude" etc. members in this forum(No names mentioned), but they have also been the more helpful ones.

Hmmm.

Could you elaborate on that? Even if in a PM ot me personally?

Comment

I don't really wish to elaborate as this is out of topic but just want to say that it's because of the differences in everyone that makes things turn.

Comment

..."crude", "rude", "bad attitude" etc. members in this forum...have also been the more helpful ones.
                  Hmmm.

Could you elaborate on that?
                  I don't really wish to elaborate as this is out of topic but just want to say that it's because of the differences in everyone that makes things turn.

Comment

Again, if you think I am full of it, put your money where your mouth is. I already posted a message telling you I would email you a screen shot and, I will email any forum member a screen shot of my current profits schedule showing what I have been paid and what I am owed. Its not a flight of the imagination and I am not full of fertilizer.

Here is another thing that perhaps you, and some others here have not gained knowledge of - something I learned many, many years ago when I was a young man. Kissing someone’s rear gets you know where you want to be. Sooner or later it only comes back to bite you on yours. Believe it or not, those who are most successful in this world are those who are most assertive. There are no nice millionaires or billionaires.

Since I have been here, I have seen people come and go - for a plethora of reasons. However, I have found the key reason is most think they can come along, use a cookie cutter website [e.g. the RP templates] and make a killing at selling hosting without any ingenuity, fore-thought or effort on their part. RP gives us all the same basic tools and its what you do with them that carries weight.

I read over the suggestions here and see two categories of people. Those who want the tools to succeed and those who want to do as little as possible thinking that fast and easy money is the way to go. That’s the kind of posture that the individuals who put out those “make money now” infomercials hope to find. There is no easy way to success. If you are not willing to work your way from the bottom then you probably don’t need to be in an industry that has seen leaders rise and followers fall... by the hundreds.

I don’t see where RP has a “bad” reputation. There are those, and from what I understand now, were those at WHT that talked unfavorably about RP resellers. It was the contention of the small minded people that haunt that forum that we are merely lowly affiliates. I have always thought that was because they were terrified of the competition - now I am convinced that is purely the motivation for their ham-handed annotations. Resellers Panel is emergent, modifications have been made and I know more is to come.

I said in an earlier post that I have been conversing via email with Kalin and Nikolay. Something I know now that I was not convinced of before is that Kalin, and most notably Nikolay, know that in order for them to succeed - we need to succeed. This was evident when they took my suggestion to enhance the cPanel plan specs to be viable with other cPanel programs that are starting to offer more to their resellers. The following day... the plan specs were increased. I made other suggestions about tier levels and, there is a likelihood that will be addressed also.

So in closing, think what you want about me. I personally never signed up here to make buddies. I lost my job and was looking to start a Profitable business. I have a personal motto - Say what you mean and Mean what you say. Watering it down with niceties ensures your intentions are lost in translation.

But for the record. I am not banking on RSP reselling to make a living for me from nothing. I am not new to owning and running businesses, online or offline. I have owned 2 offline businesses in my past and I have run and still run a few small online endeavors. So, I am not new to internet marketing, SEO, or online business at all. I was hoping to add RSP reselling to a mix of income earners I already have. You see, I have an idea of how to gain a certain type of hosting customer in a niche market. However, my biggest obstacle is choosing a WL hosting solution. I found RSP years ago when I had my idea but I never went through with it, partly because I felt RSP was too young to use as a host and from complaints I read here and on other forums about RSP support and servers.

Anyway, I came back here to see if maybe things have changed. I know that in the outside world, RSP still has a bad reputation and always will, but that is mostly to do with the fact that people in the web hosting community seem to think RSP resellers are not real hosts and really just affiliates. Although that is not true, it is what they think. I also realize that the vast majority of the RSP haters are merely wannabes and chronic bashers.

As far as what RSP resellers think of RSP, well, I still see a lot of complaining in the forums here. But I also seem to see a common thread. That is , the same people seem to do the complaining and seem to have a bad attitude in general. So, maybe I am better off not believing them or trusting their word and just getting on with my plan. RSP free reseller plans are just what I need for my idea to run smoothly. I cannot worry about billing and all that other stuff. I will take another week to dwell on it, I guess and then I will make my decision whether to forget about RSP or start using them and not look back.

Anyway, I know it is off-topic but I wanted to get that off my chest for some reason.

While I do not foresee myself needing more anonymity than RSP already provides right now, I do think that total anonymity would be nice. However, I understand that this is not a dream world and that 100% anonymity could probably never be achieved for various reason beyond my control as well as beyond RSP's control. I believe I may be able to make due with the amount of anonymity provided at this point.

I only started this thread about the Payapal anonymity because it seemed like a good idea to throw the idea around and see what others think. All in all, I think it was a good thread to start.

BTW, while many seem to harp on the anonimity issue, I personally believe, in my case, taht the billing issue is a bigger deal. Annual billing is not that attractive to many, especially to those that I will be targeting. I know I could offer my own billing, but that would not be possible if I want my plan to run smoothly. Oh well, we'll have to see. I do understand that monthly billing may never be possible, but I do think that quarterly billing should be implemented at some point in the near future.

Comment

I hope that you do find RSP suitable for your needs. I've been registered for a few years, watching it grow, and it's at a stage now where i can begin to move forward with my plans for it.

I am also involved with other online/offline businesses, and am looking at RSP as an additional income earner also.

I also see a common group of people who complain about this and that, ok they have a right to voice their own opinion, but at the end of the day manners cost nothing. If i can't post something politely, i don't bother posting.

Toolsavvy - Using our own paypal accounts idea is a good one, but how would RSP get their cut back? Would it be processed prior to the customer paying, or would it be set out as two payments?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                        Toolsavvy - Using our own paypal accounts idea is a good one, but how would RSP get their cut back? Would it be processed prior to the customer paying, or would it be set out as two payments?
                        Chameleon, you are mistaken. I have never advocated the use of a resellers personal Paypal account.

My original post in this thread was basically to ask, since RSP is using paypal as their main payment processor if they would be able to use a generic name (like "Web Hosting" instead of "LiquidNet") on the paypal payment screens and on the paypal invoices. Also, on the credit card statement of the clients (like "paypal*hosting") Paypal users with regular paypal business accounts can change their display name to anything they want to at any time within their account. This is why I ask.

I know with my paypal account, I can specify the name at the top of the paypal payment page and the name on the paypal invoices. I do business on various sites selling various digital downloads so I choose to use a generic name like "Digital Downloads". Also, I can specify what shows up on my customer's credit/debit card statement and I chose something like "paypal*digital download". I can change both of these things anytime I want and as many times as I want to within my paypal account.

However, I believe that MAYBE because of RSP/LiquidNet's payment processing volume, they may have a different type of Paypal business account called "Website Payments Pro" and they may not be able to make these changes like us regular business account holders can. But I am not certain about that since I have never had a Paypal Website Payments Pro account so I'm not sure how much different it is from a regular business paypal account.

Comment

Well that's great as I thought it was smart of them to do that, I wouldn't mind getting some suggestions through to them to, do you mind PMing you some suggestions and we can discuss what you think?

As well MacCheesy you tend to help out alot on this forum and sorry to hear about what is going on.

Comment

Its free to PM...

Comment

I have went ahead and PM'd you my thoughts.

Comment

we are in a democratic country (i don't know others, though)
                                we are free to share our thoughts, why are you bashing with each other in this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X