Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not inform the client that domain is not available for registration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not inform the client that domain is not available for registration?

I must strongly criticize the way domain search result is presented in the Domain Manager. With other registrars (for example Enom), if I search for a domain name that is not available for registration, the result says, "***.com is not available".

This is not the case with the Domain Manager of RSP Control Panel. It never informs the client that the domain name searched for is not available for registration. Instead, it directly suggests a domain transfer. A client that does not know what a domain transfer is might proceed and pay for something he/she believes is a domain registration.

That happened for one of my clients this weekend, but the support staff rejects my criticism and gives no refund. One might ask why RSP does not want to tell the client that the domain is not available?

Originally posted by maxa View Post
    This is not the case with the Domain Manager of RSP Control Panel. It never informs the client that the domain name searched for is not available for registration. Instead, it directly suggests a domain transfer. A client that does not know what a domain transfer is might proceed and pay for something he/she believes is a domain registration.
    This is considered a marketing incentive to encourage prospective clients to transfer their domains to us, so I doubt that this will be changed.

That happened for one of my clients this weekend, but the support staff rejects my criticism and gives no refund. One might ask why RSP does not want to tell the client that the domain is not available?
    Send me a PM with the client username and/or ticket number, in which the refund was refused and I will review the case.

Comment

Hello Milen,

Originally posted by Milen View Post
      This is considered a marketing incentive to encourage prospective clients to transfer their domains to us, so I doubt that this will be changed.
      That argument really makes no sense to what I criticize, unless you want to fool people to pay for a transfer though they don't own the domain in question.

You can still encourage clients to transfer their domains, while you inform those that are searching for a domain name available for registration whether the domain is available for registration or not.

The ticket is #128246.

Comment

The ticket is #128246.
        The Sales Department has not refused to issue a refund as far as I can see. They have simply offered the option for registering or transferring another domain, which is a standard procedure, since most clients opt for this option, if a domain transfer fails for one reason or another. However, a refund is also a completely viable option in this case. I have made a note about this to the Sales Department and they said that they would issue the refund.

Comment

Yea, this is why I love RSP is because of them doing stuff like this and I totally agree that showing the transfer button makes sense. I even believe that ICANN if the EPP code isn't provided in a certain amount of time it is denied anyways.

RSP once again showing how they care and get things handled.

Comment

Working...
          X