HostGator & monthly billing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

You can still make most of your ideas happen with our Reseller API. You can use it and have a fully customized web site and a fully customized billing solution that will not necessarily be handled via ResellersPanel payment processor and all you will have to do is to have enough money in your wallet. The Reseller API can be used as a mediator when ordering, and you can easily set your own billing system and bill your clients directly.

Regards,
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.Newton View Post
      Hello,

You can still make most of your ideas happen with our Reseller API. You can use it and have a fully customized web site and a fully customized billing solution that will not necessarily be handled via ResellersPanel payment processor and all you will have to do is to have enough money in your wallet. The Reseller API can be used as a mediator when ordering, and you can easily set your own billing system and bill your clients directly.

Regards,
      Chris
      I have said this before, however, this is a solution that both RSP and the resellers can benefit from.

To explain, it gives RSP yet another string to it's bow, and it gives resellers an essentially hassle-free setup that the current reseller program provides.

Comment

I am strictly lurking!

Donerite, I'll answer your pms later today...I did get them, not ignoring.

Comment

Just to add further comment to my last post:

Not everyone has the coding knowledge to be able to use the API. So implementing something along the lines of my idea gives the less tech-savvy a chance to be on the same playing field as the more technical resellers.

This would be a very big thing if implemented correctly.

I am also suprised at the lack RSP comment regarding this, even though it has been suggested several times in the past, there hasn't been a thread where resellers have put forward an idea of how this could be implemented in a mutually beneficial way.

Comment

Hello,

You are right, but there are just so many people around who are technically experienced enough to help resellers that lack technical knowledge. Also, believe it or not, writing a system that will fit ALL resellers needs is an utopia, which is why the API is the best solution here - the resellers can hire personal support from developers and let them know exactly what they want. Writing a new billing system to support resellers custom sites will be useless as it will still have boundaries to which the resellers will definitely be entitled. What we provide is the skeleton construction and each reseller according to their own capabilities or devotion can customize it the way they want and feel.

Regards,
            Chris

Comment

Chameleon is right - there are people who cannot implement the API. A better solution gives more business to RSP. Something for RSP folks to think about.

Comment

Yep - Keep it simple.

Comment

Hello,

What you have described requires a custom website, since we will not be implementing monthly billing in our Reseller Hosting program yet, as explained previously. The Reseller API is the tool we have specifically developed to help resellers who wish to use their own, custom website, and bill the clients in a different way than what we offer.

As you should well know, the Reseller API does come with extensive documentation. If a reseller wishes to use a custom website, they would have to either have enough programming knowledge, or hire a web developer to that purpose. In both cases, they should be also able to use the Reseller API.

Having this in mind, the Reseller API is actually an excellent solution for now. Since the monthly billing option will not be included in the website templates until our superiors decide it is worth it(as I have already explained in my previous posts), there is nothing to justify deflecting the attention of our developers into a new, time-consuming project, when they can be much more useful by concentrating on the currently ongoing projects(SEO-friendlier website templates, new control panel features, etc.) and improving our existing services.

Despite this, thank you for trying to come up with new ideas. As you know, they are always welcome and will always be considered carefully

Comment

Really? I'm surprised, because from your post it doesn't look like their idea got any consideration at all. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but then again I may be wrong, seeing as I don't actually work for RSP in the first place and don't know what is said at meetings (although the same can't be said for the BP oil crisis, they got no clue what they're doing, just look how long it took them to fix the damn problem).

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa View Post
                      Hello,

What you have described requires a custom website, since we will not be implementing monthly billing in our Reseller Hosting program yet, as explained previously. The Reseller API is the tool we have specifically developed to help resellers who wish to use their own, custom website, and bill the clients in a different way than what we offer.

As you should well know, the Reseller API does come with extensive documentation. If a reseller wishes to use a custom website, they would have to either have enough programming knowledge, or hire a web developer to that purpose. In both cases, they should be also able to use the Reseller API.

Having this in mind, the Reseller API is actually an excellent solution for now. Since the monthly billing option will not be included in the website templates until our superiors decide it is worth it(as I have already explained in my previous posts), there is nothing to justify deflecting the attention of our developers into a new, time-consuming project, when they can be much more useful by concentrating on the currently ongoing projects(SEO-friendlier website templates, new control panel features, etc.) and improving our existing services.

Despite this, thank you for trying to come up with new ideas. As you know, they are always welcome and will always be considered carefully
                      Louisa, do they not have any sort of estimation into when they'll consider implementing / thinking of implementing the idea?

I would appreciate it if you could request Nick or Kalin to come on the forum and explain on their decision to why the monthly billing shouldn't be implemented.

Comment

Definitely agree. This is something we were promised for about three years. Certainly we deserve a better explanation as to why RSP isn't providing what was promised, but is using this promised feature on their own sites?

The API just isn't a viable solution, sorry. And please don't take this the wrong way, but you guys don't seem to be getting much bang for the buck from your Web developers. Changes are few and far between. I know developers who could have created the whole RSP system as it currently exists in a months' time.

Again, no offense meant, but I just don't understand the extreme pushback from RSP. Anything that helps the resellers helps RSP, and I would think that would be a huge motivator.

Comment

Originally posted by iPhone View Post
                          Louisa, do they not have any sort of estimation into when they'll consider implementing / thinking of implementing the idea?

I would appreciate it if you could request Nick or Kalin to come on the forum and explain on their decision to why the monthly billing shouldn't be implemented.
                          Yes it would be very cool to hear it from them for a fact.

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
                          Definitely agree. This is something we were promised for about three years. Certainly we deserve a better explanation as to why RSP isn't providing what was promised, but is using this promised feature on their own sites?

The API just isn't a viable solution, sorry. And please don't take this the wrong way, but you guys don't seem to be getting much bang for the buck from your Web developers. Changes are few and far between. I know developers who could have created the whole RSP system as it currently exists in a months' time.

Again, no offense meant, but I just don't understand the extreme pushback from RSP. Anything that helps the resellers helps RSP, and I would think that would be a huge motivator.
                          <The Stealthy One; Definitely agree. This is something we were promised for about three years. Certainly we deserve a better explanation as to why RSP isn't providing what was promised, but is using this promised feature on their own sites?>

I am also curious to this, the testing is way over and we were denied monthly billing on shared accounts.

<The API just isn't a viable solution, sorry. And please don't take this the wrong way, but you guys don't seem to be getting much bang for the buck from your Web developers. Changes are few and far between. I know developers who could have created the whole RSP system as it currently exists in a months' time.>

I agree

<Again, no offense meant, but I just don't understand the extreme pushback from RSP. Anything that helps the resellers helps RSP, and I would think that would be a huge motivator.>

Bravo, you would think that would be the bottom line

Comment

You gusy do realize the chances of Nick or Kalin offering up an explanation on the forums are next to none, right? However, I do applaud the effort and I do agree we need an explanation from one of them.

Comment

I'll deal with both tech replys in the one post...

Originally posted by Chris.Newton View Post
                              Hello,

You are right, but there are just so many people around who are technically experienced enough to help resellers that lack technical knowledge. Also, believe it or not, writing a system that will fit ALL resellers needs is an utopia, which is why the API is the best solution here - the resellers can hire personal support from developers and let them know exactly what they want. Writing a new billing system to support resellers custom sites will be useless as it will still have boundaries to which the resellers will definitely be entitled. What we provide is the skeleton construction and each reseller according to their own capabilities or devotion can customize it the way they want and feel.

Regards,
                              Chris
                              Please refer to the bolded section...

While I agree with the context in which you have preseted that statement, I also disagree.

Reason - RSP would not have introduced a system that allows anybody, regardless of techincal experience, to be able to resell their products and services and then kept back all the best parts for the people who know how to use the api, no matter how well documented it is. I feel RSP has the chance to level the playingfield and bridge the gap between coders and business people by providing everything that the api can do with their existing template designs. Furthermore, the custom site option shouldn't be forced upon the resellers as the "best choice" option. And just to add, development is the persuit of perfection. If there was no perfection (or utopia in this case) there would be no needfor further development.

Again, please refer to my pervious comment.

there is nothing to justify deflecting the attention of our developers into a new, time-consuming project, when they can be much more useful by concentrating on the currently ongoing projects(SEO-friendlier website templates, new control panel features, etc.) and improving our existing services.
                              I fail to see how by providing a framework idea based on EXISTING FRAMEWORK already implemented is defleting developers from currently ongoing projects. The idea that I put forward for the free resellers is possibly a solution that will be relatively rapid to develop and implement (however, I don't work for the development team, so I don't knowfor certain whether that is the case or not). As has been said perviously, it seems like this suggestion is only receiving a cursory glance from administrators, and is not actually being passed on.

And referring to:

improving our existing services
                              I again fail to see how this cannot be considered anything BUT and improvement to an existing service.

I feel a post from Nick or Kalin would do this justice (no matter how remote that might seem) as I feel they have been much less involved with the forum as they have been in previous years.

Comment

Giving a soft bump on paid RSP plan please. Hope it gets considered.

Comment

Working...
                                X