Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a serious problem for old customers

Hello:
    i am selling hosting with RSP since 2005, i have a good number of clients, however lately it came to my mind that the database storage is not enough, that's why i will not register for any client here anymore.

old customers including me, are facing a problem with the database storage, which is very small.

the database for websites is being build up when the years are passing.
    the websites are not that high traffic so no other resources are running out except the database storage.

that's why me and a lot of my clients will be moving to another providers once our time is finished here.

we are not using out the CPU Or the memories, we are just writing articles and in 4 years that database is full.

please advice.
    since it is in my opinion not dangerous to the server could you please remove that limit on the database storage like other hosting providers with cPanel does?

Hello Tarek,

Indeed I do understand your point of view in this case . For all this years with us though you must know that the ResellersPanel control panel and cPanel are quite different. As you know we do offer the option for the upgrade of the MySQL quota for every account . Also if our Resellers Panel hosting accounts are not suitable for you any more you can always consider moving to a cPanel reseller plan or even a VPS . For the moment the VPS service offers the best balance between features and prices. And there you receive root access, which pretty much allows you to do anything with the VPS. With all this in mind I do believe we offer quite a lot of alternatives for cases such as the one you have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek View Post
      Hello:
      i am selling hosting with RSP since 2005, i have a good number of clients, however lately it came to my mind that the database storage is not enough, that's why i will not register for any client here anymore.

old customers including me, are facing a problem with the database storage, which is very small.

the database for websites is being build up when the years are passing.
      the websites are not that high traffic so no other resources are running out except the database storage.

that's why me and a lot of my clients will be moving to another providers once our time is finished here.

we are not using out the CPU Or the memories, we are just writing articles and in 4 years that database is full.

please advice.
      since it is in my opinion not dangerous to the server could you please remove that limit on the database storage like other hosting providers with cPanel does?
      Originally posted by Manwe View Post
      Hello Tarek,

Indeed I do understand your point of view in this case . For all this years with us though you must know that the ResellersPanel control panel and cPanel are quite different. As you know we do offer the option for the upgrade of the MySQL quota for every account . Also if our Resellers Panel hosting accounts are not suitable for you any more you can always consider moving to a cPanel reseller plan or even a VPS . For the moment the VPS service offers the best balance between features and prices. And there you receive root access, which pretty much allows you to do anything with the VPS. With all this in mind I do believe we offer quite a lot of alternatives for cases such as the one you have mentioned.
      Tarek I feel you. Just saw the price for 100mb sql storage in my own control panel and thats almost another $55 a year us dollars for your current hosting account default pricing on reseller setup. Weird that there is no workaround for resellers that have a substantual amount of clients other than cpanel or a vps... I personally do not want to deal with server management myself..

Comment

I am glad to inform you that we have escalated the matter to our CEO and he has stated that the database storage for all plans will be set to unlimited in the next couple of days. This means that the storage will be limited only from the free disk space of the accounts and from the CPU limit. For the moment I can not provide you with the exact date, when this feature will be released, but it will be done soon. I hope that this course of action will help many of our clients and will help you as a resellers to keep your current clients and attract new ones. More info will be available on the matter as soon as the feature is released .

Comment

I am glad to inform you that we have escalated the matter to our CEO and he has stated that the database storage for all plans will be set to unlimited in the next couple of days. This means that the storage will be limited only from the free disk space of the accounts and from the CPU limit. For the moment I can not provide you with the exact date, when this feature will be released, but it will be done soon. I hope that this course of action will help many of our clients and will help you as a resellers to keep your current clients and attract new ones. More info will be available on the matter as soon as the feature is released .
          Awesome! Thank you for that.

Looking forward to it .

Comment

That was quick - thank you.

Comment

This is the Good face of RSP.
              Indeed there will be New Clients...
              Now we can face large companies like Fat Cow and Just host who are offering an unlimited databases on the Normal hosting plans, with a rates almost like RSP's

CPU Usage will still control the server traffic and i think no harm will be done to the servers.

Good step that will make me move to the next step in my partnership with you.
              more advertising, more money.

Thanks for Mr. Kalin your CEO, he is Always caring for the resellers.
              Thank you for your Quick Action.

Comment

Hi, we are constantly trying to improve and expand our services in the best way possible. Thank you for your kind words

Comment

This is definitely great news to all! Big thumbs up to RSP and Tarek, glad your problem is resolved!

Comment

Hello:
                    can i ask what's the update?
                    still nothing as i see.

Comment

Tarek, there are still no updates on the matter. In order the feature to go live it will require few MySQL servers which should be setup soon. This is major update and it will take some time.

Comment

I find it amusing how they said the database quotas would be updated in a few days almost two weeks ago and yet there's been no movement on the matter. Unless of course they're pulling the stunt they did with monthly billing for free resellers by saying we're releasing it then telling us they aren't.

Comment

Hello,

We are indeed releasing this feature.
                          As my colleague Kevin has stated though this will require some preparation.
                          What we told you initially was what we were informed by our superiors.
                          As often happens in such situations though the reality is much more different that the desires. After some discussion with our administrators and developers, it appeared that this change will require some preparations on both software and hardware level. What I can tell you for now is that this change is going to happen . As soon as we have more detailed information on the matter, we will inform you via the forum .

Comment

As we wait for the update to proceed..Tarek would have transferred all his client to another host

Comment

An excellant point. This is why some people are losing faith in RSP.

Comment

Working...
                              X