Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Hosting on the Horizon?

Hello -

First a big thank you to the whole team at RP -- I have been with you for close to five years, and your support continues to be the best, plus we have many WordPress CMS sites with you and they run much better than on competitors sites. And when I say the best in support -- I work with a number of clients on other services, so I get a good comparison. Keep up the good work.

CLOUD COMPUTING PLANS?
    • Two clients recently purchased cloud computing plans at two different compeitors -- RackSpace and LiquidWeb
    • Web Hosting Magazine is full of ads for Cloud Computing Services

For these reasons, I ask what are the plans for RP to offer Cloud Computing options in the near future?

Cheers -
    Scott (WebFadds.com)

I'm also interested in the answer, Cloud Hosting is becoming a must for many sites and web applications, so will it be available or not?

Comment

Cloud Servers? Following up...

Hi -

No answers here in over a week -- please advise on corporate plans for Cloud Servers in the near future.

Thanks -
      Scott

Comment

Hello,

Your inquiry has been forwarded to our Marketing Department. We will let you know as soon as we have an answer.

Comment

Hello,

Our Marketing Department has provided information that a new platform will be released in the beginning of 2011, which will be cluster-based. In the second part of 2011 load balance between the server clusters will be added as well. We will not, however, be implementing Cloud Hosting specifically in the near future.

Comment

Can someone explain cloud hosting / server clusters?

Comment

cloud computing

Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software and information are provided to computers and other devices on-demand, like electricity.

Comment

I would be for cloud if you have good way to make more money from it. Not sure how many small business will use it so market might not be as big as people think.

Comment

Originally posted by black7mt View Post
                  Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software and information are provided to computers and other devices on-demand, like electricity.
                  Hello,

That is, in other words, a new way for defining monopoly in web hosting where major companies write down the rules of service usage, because only they can afford to maintain and own the cloud storage servers. Reseller networks where there is a dense flow of small business participants can hardly be incorporated with the practical usage of cloud hosting/computing. This is a very good idea in its core if you are not intimidated by its economic purposes and stand only for its technological efficiency.

Regards,
                  Chris
                  Last edited by Chris.Newton; 20-12-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X