Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONFIRM site in violation before deleting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONFIRM site in violation before deleting!

SC22.
    One of my customers had I believe 5 entire Web sites deleted for NO REASON other than some automated program "thought" they were in violation.
    I am a reseller and for the most part, have enjoyed my stay here. But goodness.... This is unexeptable!!!

I cannot believe that you would delete ANYTHING without KNOWING for sure that you were right in doing so. You deleted web sites that were NOT in violation on the assumption that it was in violation. You did NOT confirm that they were... you let some automated program think for you instead of simply looking at the damned sites yourself. Lazy and stupid! You guys are in the wrong!!!

Further, the second he saw your (violation of terms) email, he notified me and I told him I would look into it. Not to worry. 5 minutes later he calls me all freaked out. You had already deleted the sites!

So instead of simply turning the sites off until you CONFIRM, CONFIRM, CONFIRM the violation, you say the hell with it and delete them!??!!??

Bullsh**t!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your suggestion and complaint have already been noted and accounts that are in violation of our Terms of Service, where storage abuse is concerned, are now blocked if the client does not respond within 48 hours and no content is being removed by us.

Comment

Hello thorsverd,

As addition to the comment of my colleague Louisa I want to inform that no account is blocked or deleted by an automated program . All that the program does is to go through the accounts and the server and send notifications for the hosting accounts that are breaching the Terms of Service regarding the storage usage of the shared hosting accounts. Then every notification is checked in details by a representative of our support department that are working with the shared hosting accounts. They are checking the account and the files in it in details and are determining if the accounts is abusing the Terms of Service. In case the account is abusing the Terms of Service, the support representative is opening a ticket to the account owner on the matter and provide the means of solving the problem as well as explaining the exact reasons for the breach of the Terms of Service. The client is provided with a 48 hours time period in which the problem should be solved or the client should at least contact us back to discuss the matter. Also the client is informed that if no actions are performed in this time period the account will be blocked and the content will be deleted after that .

Also the solve purpose of this rule is to keep the stability of the shared hosting servers and thus ensuring the stability and the correct performances of the other shared hosting accounts located on the same server as the one abusing the Terms of Service.

Finally in such cases all that is required from the client is to contact us back through the provided ticket in order for the problem to be solved. Our support representatives are always providing information on the exact reasons for the Terms of Service breach and can advise the client of what are the best ways to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwe View Post
        All that the program does is to go through the accounts and the server and send notifications for the hosting accounts that are breaching the Terms of Service regarding the storage usage of the shared hosting accounts. Then every notification is checked in details by a representative of our support department that are working with the shared hosting accounts. They are checking the account and the files in it in details and are determining if the accounts is abusing the Terms of Service. In case the account is abusing the Terms of Service, the support representative is opening a ticket to the account owner on the matter and provide the means of solving the problem as well as explaining the exact reasons for the breach of the Terms of Service. The client is provided with a 48 hours time period in which the problem should be solved or the client should at least contact us back to discuss the matter. Also the client is informed that if no actions are performed in this time period the account will be blocked and the content will be deleted after that .

Finally in such cases all that is required from the client is to contact us back through the provided ticket in order for the problem to be solved. Our support representatives are always providing information on the exact reasons for the Terms of Service breach and can advise the client of what are the best ways to solve the problem.

FIRST and FOREMOST: THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS! THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS! oh.... did I mention: "THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS!"??????

1. The client was out of the country for 5 days. There was no Internet was he was until the 5th day.

2. No human could have possibly looked at those Web sites and determined they were in violation! NO POSSIBLE WAY!! They were Web sites that were completely independent of one another and the ONLY files that were there, were site files, information, etc. There were NO mp3, video, etc. etc. being housed for anyone to see other than those who LOGGED INTO" the sites. They had NO external links. Only links were within the sites themselves... again, THERE WAS NO VIOLATION, yet the sites were deleted by a complete incompetent fool.

3. Considering there was NO VIOLATION of the Terms, why were they deleted in the first place? No sane "human" could have come to any other conclusion.

4. 48 or 2000 hours... it makes no difference. The sites should NOT have been deleted in the first place. THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS!

Comment

Originally posted by thorsverd View Post
          FIRST and FOREMOST: THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS! THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS! oh.... did I mention: "THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS!"??????

1. The client was out of the country for 5 days. There was no Internet was he was until the 5th day.

2. No human could have possibly looked at those Web sites and determined they were in violation! NO POSSIBLE WAY!! They were Web sites that were completely independent of one another and the ONLY files that were there, were site files, information, etc. There were NO mp3, video, etc. etc. being housed for anyone to see other than those who LOGGED INTO" the sites. They had NO external links. Only links were within the sites themselves... again, THERE WAS NO VIOLATION, yet the sites were deleted by a complete incompetent fool.

3. Considering there was NO VIOLATION of the Terms, why were they deleted in the first place? No sane "human" could have come to any other conclusion.

4. 48 or 2000 hours... it makes no difference. The sites should NOT have been deleted in the first place. THERE WAS NO BREACH OF THE TERMS!
          Well if you keep on saying they didn't breach the terms, then exactly was the website or account, hosting??

Comment

Originally posted by iPhone View Post
            Well if you keep on saying they didn't breach the terms, then exactly was the website or account, hosting??
            First to iPhone: It was a BUSINESS hosting plan. Topped off with maximum everything.

The files in "question" were his business Websites. Reseller has effectively put him out of business until I can help him re-upload everything and re-organize everything. These were sites that I developed for him. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. There were NO files up there for trading, giving away, etc. There "might" have been two or three flash files and 1 or two video files that I made for him up there - **GASP**. But anything that was there, was there for the site's use only. NO file sharing, dump sites, Warez, etc. etc. Just plain old business Web sites. Amazing.

Now, to support: Louisa in particular. Thank you. This will be very good for anyone else that should come across this issue. In my case, it's too late of course. But "they", the so called administrators, cannot even tell me what the violation was, heh. "They" will not even admit that they were wrong!

Further: "They" did NOT verify that there was an infraction of the "Terms"!!!! How can they possibly say that they did?? If they did, they would have seen the files in question were nothing but his business Web sites. That's it.

Oh... and the "email" they sent? Get this... it was titled something like "information about your site" or some other generic heading. That's kind of like a doctor writting someone an email informing them that they have cancer and calling it "Health Information". DUGH!

Comment

Tried to save the account with this new info and protocol. He was VERY upset however and left. Oh well.... $120.00 a year gone to me.

I do like the new proceedure though: Simply shutting the site down until you here from the customer. (If not heard back within 48 hour window)

Comment

Working...
              X