Hmm I'm Surprised This Isn't A Hot Topic Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm I'm Surprised This Isn't A Hot Topic Yet

Just read the resellers panel blog on reseller feedback http://blog.resellerspanel.com/the-f...-answered.html and it seems that we are fixing to have monthly billing introduced. I know that some resellers prefer annual billing and hope that RSP gives the option to turn off monthly billing to keep everyone happy I for one am happy to see the the option

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
    Just read the resellers panel blog on reseller feedback http://blog.resellerspanel.com/the-f...-answered.html and it seems that we are fixing to have monthly billing introduced. I know that some resellers prefer annual billing and hope that RSP gives the option to turn off monthly billing to keep everyone happy I for one am happy to see the the option
    "At the moment, we don’t have an ETA on this and for now, annual payments are the only option."

They have said this for the past 3 - 4 years...

Comment

Originally posted by iPhone View Post
      "At the moment, we don’t have an ETA on this and for now, annual payments are the only option."

They have said this for the past 3 - 4 years...
      Yeah, and they were almost want to roll out, but suddenly retracted...

Comment

Yea,
        I'm aware of the answers to monthly billing and all that.. last time i pursued monthly billing I was told it would not happen as well. However, as this is a recent response from the new feedback system implemented I'm hoping that there is a change of heart going on with rsp

Id love to be able to offer....
        Enterprise plan
        Annual Billing $155.88 = $12.99 month (best value)
        Monthly Billing $15.99 = $191.88 Annual

Even if rsp keeps the 100% of the extra money to cover billing overhead I've found it easier to convince people to come off a monthly payment to try new hosting than bail into a new company and service with a full annual payment... Most of the monthly customers that are happy with the service and uptime 3 to 6 months would probably switch to annual anyhow (better value)

Anyhow Hello to everyone and have a great veterans day!

Comment

As I have said in the past, annual billing is fine with me. However, I agree with you that monthly billing at a higher rate to cover the cost and add a little to the profit could be a viable option. Since the monthly billing price would be higher cost should not be a factor. Just price in the extra cost and add a little more for increased profit.

Comment

Hey Vlas
            Great to hear from you and thanks for the positive feedback. Yup I know annual billing fits your business plan as is but it be great to have both options.. chat later..

Comment

I think monthly billing would be a Great Option

I Noticed a lot of people that want to get hosting from me frown on the fact that they have to pay for a whole year rather than by the month and they go to another host. If Monthly billing was added it would attract so many new customers.

Comment

Competition drives results. Hosting is extremely competitive these days and I have found over the years that RSP does respond to competitive pressures. Sometimes a bit slower than we would like, but they do respond.

Take for instance unlimited bandwidth and storage. At one time they were vehemently opposed and gave many logical and acceptable reasons why. Competition forced them to change their tactics. Give them time and I am sure that monthly billing will also be an option.

Their pre-built packages I think are the most competitive in the market. I disagree, however with their cap on maximum price a reseller can charge. I understand their stand that as the price goes up so does their processing cost but they should be able to increase the wholesale price to compensate for that by charging a flat rate and percentage over the maximum pre-set price.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post

Their pre-built packages I think are the most competitive in the market. I disagree, however with their cap on maximum price a reseller can charge. I understand their stand that as the price goes up so does their processing cost but they should be able to increase the wholesale price to compensate for that by charging a flat rate and percentage over the maximum pre-set price.
                  I am with you here. I try to bundle Web design services with hosting packages, but it is a bit more complicated because I have to bill folks either separately, or altogether myself, rather than processing payments through RSP. Like you, I am willing to pay a reasonably higher wholesale cost to offset the CC processing fees.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
                    I am with you here. I try to bundle Web design services with hosting packages, but it is a bit more complicated because I have to bill folks either separately, or altogether myself, rather than processing payments through RSP. Like you, I am willing to pay a reasonably higher wholesale cost to offset the CC processing fees.
                    Thank you and vlasi47gr for the feedback. I have escalated your suggestion to our Marketing Department for further consideration.

Comment

I understand that monthly billing increases costs too much and possibly too high to keep prices competitive.

But I believe that quarterly, semi-annual and annual billing should implemented.

But I think it is obvious it will never happen, otherwise they would have never implemented the wallet system. This is one of the main reasons they did that. So resellers who want shorter billing terms could do so at their own volition.

Comment

Monthly billing costs no more to implement that annual billing does, I don't know why they keep saying that. If you were billing say $10.00 per month for a hosting plan and incur 3% CC fee for example that works out as follows:

$10.00 per month x 12 months = $120.00 x 3% = $3.60
                        $120.00 per year x 3% = guess what? $3.60

And the system to collect the money is all automated so there argument that monthly billing is more costly has no value.

They offer monthly billing on their site NTCHosting.com, although they do charge more monthly on the month to month plan versus the monthly fee for an annual subscription.

Comment

Hello,

I really wish it was that simple. However paypal charges per transaction come more expensive if you do a 12 transactions than 1 transaction per year.

Prepaying a hosting account for one year allows us as a company to provide such prices and such features.

Each transaction has to pass anti-fraud check which in some cases means manual labor. I am not quite sure how to treat your statement about the vast knowledge about how our system works but I must say that you probably have very little knowledge and understanding how OUR particular billing department and system work in general. You are of course entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

Implementing monthly billing is really not something we can offer at the moment.

And yes we did try out a monthly billing on one of our stores NTCHosting but I must say it is a failure in terms of revenue.

Comment

I checked Paypal's website:

Merchant rate fee schedule

Purchase payments received (monthly)

Fee per transaction

$0.00 USD - $3,000.00 USD

2.9% + $0.30 USD

$3,000.01 USD - $10,000.00 USD

2.5% + $0.30 USD

$10,000.01 USD - $100,000.00 USD

2.2% + $0.30 USD

> $100,000.00 USD

1.9% + $0.30 USD

It is more expensive if you receive $10.00 per month versus say $12,000.00 per month, but only 0.7% more expensive. On a $10.00 charge you would be talking about only $0.07. This isn't a lot of difference in money unless you have thousands and thousands of accounts. If you had 1,000 accounts x 0.07 = $70.00

As far as my vast knowledge, it isn't anything that someone else can't figure out by reading your forum, website, or checking your other websites.

Comment

Exactly,

$0.00 USD - $3,000.00 USD

2.9% + $0.30 USD

So we are looking at a 12 transactions (meaning 12x 0.30 USD fees) against 1 of them. Which may not look much for one account. But when you amass the tens of thousands hosting accounts that comes up as a big expense.

And I am not even taking into account chargeback payments and penalty fees here which are a much larger loss for every company that handles the billing for their customers. Lets take AMEX cards for example you have 12 payments by 10.00 USD per month and 1 payment for 120.00 USD per year
                              Once can chargeback a payment for like 6 months in the past so you are looking at potential 6 chargebacks (penalty fee is around 30.00 USD per chargeback). Its simple risk management really.

I know it may seem like simple arithmetic to you but as I said I wish it was that simple.

I understand that you want monthly billing option but that is really not on the menu for this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X