Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly hosting subscriptions instead of yearly

Hi All,

It's been a while since i've been on the forums - but I have a renewed interest in my reseller account and just implemented the WP templates and reseller plugin and trying to push business.

Not sure if this has been suggested before - couldn't find it. I would like to suggest making the minimum subscription period for shared hosting 1 month instead of 12 months. I can see a lot of customer feedback that indicates that people are not comfortable with committing to 12 months the first time they want to buy hosting. Customers (including myself) like to 'taste' a hosting company to make sure the CP is ok - the speed and reliability etc is good - before they want to commit to a year's subscription.

Can this please be considered? Maybe as a configurable option per hosting plan even? I'm 100% sure this will boost sales.

Many thanks,
    Mike.

To be honest it is a feature a lot of resellers would like to see, however, so far our pleas have fallen on deaf ears over at RSP towers.

One thing that a lot of resellers overlook is the 30day money back guarantee. For clients who are nervous about the 12 month commitment you could always remind them that they can change their mind in the first 30 days and get their money back.

Comment

I think that what holds most people back on that argument is that anyone who has had a credit card or visa check card 6 months or longer knows that a local refund can take up to 7 (business) days to show back up in their bank account, refunds of international purchases take longer to show up. The refund may show up as instant on rsp's end but however when the consumer see's it is dictated by their bank or credit card companies policy.... Just a guess mind you I rather do without $5.00 (monthly billing example) possibly nine days or longer than say $140.00 (yearly billing example) for nine days or longer to test a new hosting service out. There again thats just me I run on a tight budget at home..
      Last edited by doneritehosting; 11-09-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• doneritehosting
        doneritehosting commented
        Editing a comment
        Clivejo,
        While you are online and at risk of sounding ignorant, just what is a visitor message? You left me one a while back and clicking on it just redirects me back to the forum home page. Sorry its off topic but inquiring minds want to know lmao!

• clivejo
        clivejo commented
        Editing a comment
        Would RSP not have the customer base in Europe to apply for a SUN and become a direct submitter? This would allow for more payment flexibility and a lower per transaction cost. In the UK, Direct Debit is the preferred payment method for almost all service providers. Most will offer a discount if you use it to reflect the cost savings the company enjoy by using it.

• clivejo
        clivejo commented
        Editing a comment
        For DD you apply to your bank for a SUN. You have to sign up to the direct debit guarantee as well. They then give you access to a banking back end, I believe its called AUDDIS. You then submit a batch file which is executed and the payments are automatically lifted from your customer. The setup costs are dependant on your bank. But it is ideal for monthly payments.

BTW europehosting welcome back to the reseller scene, glad you are back!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's a shame that monthly billing is not an option for RSP. For now I have injected the 30 day money back guarantee text in the WP order form - I guess that's the only choice I have and will have to do for now.

Comment

I have yet to come across a host who insists the client commit to twelve months. except, of course, those using the logic box system. its a very careful and useful for every one
          Last edited by clivejo; 26-02-2014, 12:09 PM. Reason: Removed spam links inserted on the 20/1/2014

Comment

Working...
          X