Control panel link in new client welcome e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control panel link in new client welcome e-mail

Hi, I've noticed that the control panel link in the e-mail sent to new client are like us.cloudlogin.co, supremecenter.com or supremecenter14.co.uk.
    Can I also request that RSP also give new client another url option in the welcome e-mail which is to login via resellers' website directly?
    Some client might question why the control panel login url is so different and might start searching for the whois of the login url.
    Hope this could be done. Thanks.

LOL, I'd rather see the signup form hosted on our reseller sites and pass parameters to the remote payment page (can you say ssl?) and additionally the actual payment pages using branded subdomains (ie order.yourdomain.com) if something of that nature were to be changed. These are 2 features I would pay to have.

Comment

Thats a good point yav

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
        Considering the fact we have 0% control over resellers websites it is really better for a client to go to a generic URL rather than go to a non-resolving URL because the reseller forgot to renew their domain name, their host is down or any other reason.
        What you say is true 'Yav0r' but it would not negate those reasons if RSP - 'added' the resellers store URL first with the other URL's after as backups. I agree with 'easyuser' - resellers URL's should be at least included.

Also for SEO - we should be directing as many visitors as possible through resellers stores.

Comment

What about if the reseller in question is subscribed to the DNS Cluster 1,2 or 3? Does the email still contain the generic links?

It would make sense for anyone currently with an active subscription to the DNS Cluster to have his/her emails branded to the reseller store in question? Especially when we have special subdomains for that kind of stuff (ie login.resellersstore.com, members.resellersstore.com, demo.resellersstore.com)

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a shaky limb here... A hosting company can have many servers lots of them named different with different login urls, and that comes after payment of services. Now the order form and payment payment pages, the potential client is being convinced to using their credit card and I feel it is important for the order form to be domain branded (it is) And the payment page to be branded by at least reseller subdomain and ssl (its only ssl secured currently). Thats just my opinion. Yav brings up a good point but if fall back urls can be implemented as stated why not raise the shoppers confidence by subdomain branding on the payment page? Its just more money to be made by providing what people expect to see when spending money online. If I shop online I expect to see it on the payment page of any website I shop and I'm just the average joe blow.
            Last edited by doneritehosting; 11-12-2013, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
              What about if the reseller in question is subscribed to the DNS Cluster 1,2 or 3? Does the email still contain the generic links?

It would make sense for anyone currently with an active subscription to the DNS Cluster to have his/her emails branded to the reseller store in question? Especially when we have special subdomains for that kind of stuff (ie login.resellersstore.com, members.resellersstore.com, demo.resellersstore.com)
              If the Reseller is using DNS Cluster then the Welcome e-mail still contains the generic url for the CP login:

Example:

"Dear Client,

Thank you for choosing our services.
              This email contains important data about your web hosting account for domain ''.
              -------------------------------------------------
              Access the Control Panel here: http://us/uk.cloudlogin.co

Client ID: 11111111
              Login: ***
              Password: ***"

while the DNSes and the mail servers specified are the custom Reseller's ones.

Example:

"Please change the DNS of your domain to the following and allow 24-48 hours for the DNS update:
              ns1.domain.net
              ns2.domain.net"

"E-mail Details:
              To create e-mail addresses please login to the Control Panel and click 'E-mail Manager'.

POP3 server: mail.domain.net
              SMTP server: mail.domain.net"

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

Then why have the login and members sub-domains as part of the DNS cluster? If the mail and DNS setting are branded, why not the log in link too?

If a reseller has an active DNS Cluster active, would it not make sense to use the sub-domains? There seems to be a programming logic behind that email, could it be modified to

Code:
                IF RESELLER_DNS_CLUSTER=YES
                THEN PRINT "members.resellersbrand.com"
                ELSE PRINT "http://us.cloudlogin.co"

RSP seems to have a good control on how the DNS cluster operates and are now renewing domains by default. Therefore, if a reseller goes out of business and the domain expires, RSP will auto renew it and still be able to control the sub domains to point at the correct IP's.

Also, what is RSP policy on abandoned resellers accounts? Say if a reseller passed away suddenly? Do RSP continue the store as if nothing happened, or actively migrate the clients to another resellers account?

Comment

Hi clivejo!

"Then why have the login and members sub-domains as part of the DNS cluster? If the mail and DNS setting are branded, why not the log in link too?"

- This makes sense and I will ask our Developers to check why and if it is possible I will ask them to correct that.

"Also, what is RSP policy on abandoned resellers accounts? Say if a reseller passed away suddenly? Do RSP continue the store as if nothing happened, or actively migrate the clients to another resellers account? "

- In such cases we take a personal approach and try to make the best decision in favor of the clients.

In most cases this means "RSP continue the store as if nothing happened".

Best Regards,
                  Tom.

Comment

Working...
                  X