Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion regarding multilingual reseller sites

Hello everyone,

I have already let support forwarding the following suggestions to the programmers, but I think it can not hurt to bring it up here as well to see how big the demand is. I am currently working on a German version of my hosting store. While doing the translation and creating another store I stumbled over several issues that should be fixed and some things that can be improved in order to get the most out of RSP's services.

1. Make it easier to translate the RSP WordPress plugin. This plugin is not using any language files, but everything is hard coded instead. So you need to mess around with the code in order to get a (in my case) German output of some tables and other stuff. The bad thing about that: If there is an update of the RSP plugin these changes will be overwritten. So having a pack of language files available would be a huge improvement that makes life as an administrator a lot more easy.
    2. Make the order form available in several languages, just like the Control Panel. The best would probably be to let the RSP plugin generate the form and not loading it from some external source. This would enable a full customization. But being able to transmit some language variable would be enough already. So you give a ?lang=de with the order form request and it loads up in German language. Also the pages following after the order form should be translated into the chosen language then.
    3. Enable resellers to submit a language variable for the Control Panel demo version as well, so for example with the URL http://demo.yourstore.com/?auto_login=true?lang=DE you would get the German version of the Control Panel instead of the English default version.
    4. Enabling the use of sub-domains for creating a second store would be useful. For now this is only possible with a workaround that will in exchange create issues with the "open store" link in the control panel.

Some other suggestions that would be great but not totally necessary:

1. Providing multilingual versions of the Control Panel help videos
    2. Providing multilingual versions of the video demos on the hosting stores
    3. Providing multilingual versions of the TOS documents

What do you guys think about that?

Have a nice weekend!

I was going to say if you look in the control panel, you'd see it has multi-language support, but then I went and re-read your post and saw it said videos. Yes, Multilingual videos on our hosting stores and in the CP's help section, as well as multi laguage TOS documents would be of great benefit for those who cannot read or understand English very well..

Comment

• StrasserC
      StrasserC commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean opening it up in a specific language, so user does not have to search for the option

• Nova-Host
      Nova-Host commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it already did that for the user's language of choice, but perhaps I was wrong on that.

Excellent suggestions Strasser
    +1 from me!
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 08-02-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

BTW, it wont work for the control panel obviously but for those looking for multi-lingual support on your reseller site mabe the transposh plugin will fit your needs. Supports auto translation of pages and rewrites urls to be SEO friendly.... I'm giving it a look see now..

Comment

+1 from me too. good suggestion

Comment

+1
          I'm surprised these new great Wordpress themes does not use the standard to have language files. It is really a mess to translate the themes and changes are lost at an update. Please, RSP, use language files for the next themes and updates! Thanks!

Edit: And why not use language files for the RSP plugin too? Would be great!

Comment

When you set the language/currency in your store, does this reflect on the order form?

Comment

Working...
            X