Offering Free hosting plan as a marketing strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offering Free hosting plan as a marketing strategy

Offering a free hosting plan with limited feature will definitely attract potential clients.
    These clients may be new to web hosting and like to have a feel of it first before deciding to go further.
    I have search the internet and found a web hosting site www.freehostia.com which offers a free hosting plan (they named it as chocolate plan) with limited feature.
    Doing a whois search, it was found that Liquidnet Ltd is the registrant of the domain.
    Can we resellers also have this free hosting plan available too in our store?
    I think what I've posted here has actually been discussed before but I'd like Resellerspanel to consider.

You might have searched the forums before you posted this, as this has been suggested many times in the past. While I, and some others here agree with you, it's unlikely that RSP will ever adopt this feature.

Comment

Hello ezyuser,

As noted by Nova this has been suggested a lot the past 10+ years, a lot of resellers do want this feature, but its doubtful that RSP will adopt it natively... Yet I also remember a a long period of time in RSP's past where they were just as negative of the idea of providing shared hosting plans with Unlimited features, but they are now here...You really never know how or when RSP's mind may turn to support such a feature (it could happen one day).

There are alot of good ideas by many resellers in this forum for a "free hespia plan" and its doubtful that RSP could implement them all and make everyone happy...

For instance, What I would like to see is the equivelent of the 2 unlimited cpanel reseller plans except using the hespia control panel for similar prices.... This would keep the risk and support minimal for RSP and give every free reseller the opportunity and freedom to self implement the promotion of choice that would benefit their business plan...

Yes you would be paying money to be able to do this, but everything cannot be free...

* If you wanted to provide a feature limited free plan with paid plan upgrades, then sell them the plans off your reseller store and have them request a site transfer from support to your "premium" hespia servers.. Should go over quite well that one as most paying clients expect their accounts hosted on different servers than free accounts in the first place.

* I'm even sure with enough brainstorming a way could even be derived to offer time limited full featured plans with the option to upgrade and migrate at the end of the time limit

Anyhow.... thats my idea of a solution for the free hosting plan dilema....

Cheers!
      Have a great day Everyone
      Last edited by doneritehosting; 29-03-2014, 12:01 AM. Reason: T-T-T-typos

Comment

• Nova-Host
        Nova-Host commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 On that, buddy. Too bad RSP doesn't like the diea of a free hosting plan like this. Who knows, though, their position may yet change

• doneritehosting
        doneritehosting commented
        Editing a comment
        Set up as I suggested, RSP would not be providing anything free except reseller support itself, the reseller would be providing everything and RSP would be making money off the Hespia based reseller accounts.... It would be up to the reseller to develop their own gig

• Nova-Host
        Nova-Host commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooohhhh, OK. I missed that part entirely somehow, LOL!
    Working...
    X