Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL PHP Client Library

Hi

My client is using the basic hosting package but we are considering upgrading to the professional package in order to host the new website we have built.

However whilst viewing phpinfo we noticed that the MySQL PHP Client Library is 5.0.51a. We are not able to work with this version nor 5.0.51 since we need to work with PDO.

So my question is can this be upgraded for my client? My guess is no but I would like a definitive answer before I transfer him to another host. If the answer is yes how do we initiate this request?

Other non essential updates but useful updates would be:

Disable "register_globals"

Disable "magic_quotes_gpc"

Install "ImageMagick"

Thanks a lot!

Hello milton123,

PDO is available on all our shared hosting servers. Here is the information for it on our current UK and USA signup servers:

PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version: 5.1.49

Within the hosting control panel of each shared hosting account there is a section Advanced -> PHP Settings where you can enable or disable both of the following options you mentioned:

register_globals
    magic_quotes_gpc

ImageMagick is enabled also by default.

Let us know if you have any further questions, or feel free to open a support ticket from your reseller control panel -> Reseller Support if you need specific information or assistance regarding a particular account.

Comment

Working...
    X