Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

Recently I had a new client sign up for their domain name only. This was someone that I was not aware of and not known to me. I decided to look into his account as I thought it may be an existing customer. Well it wasn't. I clicked on his domain name and was sent to a generic page that talked about hosting with my company and all the benefits and features. Nicely done I thought. But then I realized that even though my company name was featured in several areas and a link was provided it did not link to my store! There is no way that a new customer could directly link from that page back to my store. The links just go from page to page on that site.

There is an order button that takes you to an order form but nothing on that form identifies my store name. Would I get credit if someone signs up through that page?

Hello,

Even though none of the linking goes to your original store (this is done so that the page looks stand-alone) you will of course get the usual credit if someone purchases something from that page.

Think of it as an affiliate page. That goes go every domain name for your customers that does not have a live content i.e. nothing has been uploaded in the domain folder.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. It's pretty hard on these things to chew for a total newbie in this business but your explanation helped a lot. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
        Hello,

Even though none of the linking goes to your original store (this is done so that the page looks stand-alone) you will of course get the usual credit if someone purchases something from that page.

Think of it as an affiliate page. That goes go every domain name for your customers that does not have a live content i.e. nothing has been uploaded in the domain folder.
        Can you please clarify this?

Are they added to our account as a client - or affiliate?

Thanks.

Comment

They are added as a client of yours not an affiliate.

Comment

Working...
          X