Expired client accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired client accounts

It would be nice if we had a way to delete expired client accounts from our client list. There are always some that will never be clients again for various reasons and having all those continue to be listed just doesn't make any sense to me.

Hello,

Such records will ALWAYS be present for reference such as payments and so on. The new control panel will have an option to filter such expired accounts out so you don't see them all the time but they will still be present for financial audits or future references (even though they might not be a client of yours for a couple of years for example.

Comment

Speaking of the new control panel, is there any news on when we're likely to, you know, get it? Or see a demo of it? Or anything for that matter? Just being curious.

Comment

Hello,

Well I don't want to give you any false hopes but we are entering a final stage of its development i.e. testing. We will be running extensive testing inside the company then a closed beta will be released at some point. In any case probably 2 months before its released as beta now.

Still don't quote me on that timeframe as there are some things that need to be finished on the control panel before it is ready for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
          Speaking of the new control panel, is there any news on when we're likely to, you know, get it? Or see a demo of it? Or anything for that matter? Just being curious.
          no need to ask bout time frame, as I see, you join here since 2007, you should know rsp very well, everything they propose something, will take extremely long time to release.

Comment

That is only because we aim at providing high-end service and we want to make the control panel work properly before we release it.
            No point releasing something that's half-way there...

Patience is a virtue as they say...

wjleong are you still in business by the way ? haven't seen you around for a while... apart from the forum that is.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
              That is only because we aim at providing high-end service and we want to make the control panel work properly before we release it.
              No point releasing something that's half-way there...

Patience is a virtue as they say...

wjleong are you still in business by the way ? haven't seen you around for a while... apart from the forum that is.
              Hi yav0r, I still in rsp business partially. now i prefer to run affiliates network to earn the affiliate commission.

i used to have many orders, but all refund or reverted and can't pass phone verification control. even my first 2 clients also moved to another rsp reseller silently. until i noticed and asked rsp, why never inform me, but rsp said rsp wont inform the first reseller.

since that i change my business type.

Comment

I have been with RSP for 9 months now and the only real customer that I have is myself. I do host a website for pay for the place where I work during the day, but if I didn't work there I probably wouldn't have that account. Its hard to sell hosting to end users when they can easily go to the source (RSP) and do the same thing I'm doing and buy the hosting at wholesale for themselves. This is the case though with anywhere that you buy a reseller account. Anyone could buy the same account that you are reselling there as well. That being said, I think that RSP has a good thing going with the Hepsia control panel and the Elefante installer and the SiteStudio website builder. I have fallen in love with the Hepsia control panel and the ease of installing scripts and administrating my websites. So for me to be able to host the few websites I do on the semi-dedicated account that I bought from RSP and do it so easily is wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by bertwhite1 View Post
                  Its hard to sell hosting to end users when they can easily go to the source (RSP) and do the same thing I'm doing and buy the hosting at wholesale for themselves.
                  You may be targeting the wrong customers. I don't try to sell to the people that can do the same as I do. There are a lot of people out there that are not as tech savvy as I am but need hosting. That is who I market to. They are not going to waste time looking around to save a few dollars a month. They know that when they have a problem or need help they can count on me for assistance. I provide value added service. I may not have a lot of clients but the ones that I do have been with me for years.

Comment

You're right vlasi47gr, we as rsp reseller better to target the clients that are not IT skilled guys or have knowledge on hosting but they do need hosting as well as some other services, like setting up a blog, web design etc.

The businessman won't care about how cheap the hosting is, but they care about the uptime as well as their target customer.

Somemore rsp has many 'sub-companies' that compete with us (although they claimed they ain't), so if we are trying to compete with them as well as big hosting firm like hostgator, godaddy etc, we sure lose.

Spending money on google adwords as well as other cpc or cpm advertising will be useless too.

And my little advice to you, bertwhite1, think about which type of potential clients are your target and find the suitable marketing method, and please do not compete with the big shark, or you will even waste money.

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                      Hello,

Such records will ALWAYS be present for reference such as payments and so on. The new control panel will have an option to filter such expired accounts out so you don't see them all the time but they will still be present for financial audits or future references (even though they might not be a client of yours for a couple of years for example.
                      Will we be able to clear 'blocked' accounts?

No need to keep records of these for financial reasons - as their accounts never got opened.

Comment

Hello,

There is actually. Not for your financial reasons I am sure but for ours. We have to keep records on such paymens as further investigation of fraudulent and unauthorized payments are possible both from the payment processors and from the credit card's issuer i.e. different banks.

Comment

Can you give an indication of how long records are required to be kept?

Being based in the UK I need to comply with UK Data Protection Act 1998. The following is a FAQ answer to how long I can hold data for -

The Data Protection Act says that information should be kept for no longer than is necessary. The Act does not specify what a ‘necessary’ period should be for particular information. Each case would be considered on its own merits. If an organisation is obliged to retain data for a given length of time under any other laws, this should be taken into consideration.

For example, financial institutes may have to keep some information for up to six years in accordance with the Financial Services Authority regulations. A sole trader, however, may not need to keep information for longer than a month.

I have clients listed from 2007 !!! Is there no way of deleting these?

Comment

No, there is no way of deleting them.
                            In the new control panel you can filter them out so expired or blocked accounts are not shown in your clients list. That will not mean they are not there though.

And yes the law does not specify how long the period has to be. That is for us to decide as a provider and you as our clients to take note of.

Comment

Working...
                            X