Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP Live Chat Support Experience

Hello,

today, I was curious and wanted to test out the live chat support, which is offered to clients of resellers.

As we are offering website design, I wanted to see the response of the particular agent.

So, I went ahead and asked: Hello. Could you give me some details about the web design service you offer?

My expected response (or similar to that): Sorry, I am an agent at the website hosting department. Please contact our sales team. You get get the contact details at <URL>.

What I did not expect was that the agent upfront tells the potential client that we don't offer web design.

Then, I told the agent that I found a business directory entry with the company offering web design (as we have directory entries).

The agent, without even referring me to the contact page, says that we did never offer web design.

Below the transcript:

============
    Transcript starts here
    ============
    Marcel Ruhf:
    Hello. Could you give me some details about the web design service you offer?

Tim:
    Hello Marcel. We offer hosting plans and software to create a website, but we don't provide web design services. We only provide you with the tools to create a site

Marcel Ruhf:
    Hmm, somewhere, I saw a directory listing of the same company offering web design?

Tim:
    We don't and we never offered it, we offer only web hosting and domain registrations.

Marcel Ruhf:
    Ok, thank you.

Tim:
    You are welcome
    ============
    Transcript ends here
    ============

Clearly, there should be:

Clear guidelines on how to respond to questions only the reseller could answer

OR

The reseller leaves notes for the live chat agents to respond with.

Now, in this situation, we did not loose any business; however, in a eal-life situation, if we (the reseller) would not take an initiative, he/she might loose lots of business which he/she could have gained.

I think there are some companies doing the same thing as we do; having a storefront for VPS and dedicated servers and a separate one for web hosting.
    this means that potentially if the reseller would leave notes for the live chat agent, he/she would be able to redirect the client to a particular webpage if the same question is asked as I did.

Please do not take as destructive, take it as constructive criticism.
    Last edited by cbtzMarcelRuhf; 01-07-2012, 12:15 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

I don't get it. RSP does not offer web design am I right or wrong? If you as a reseller are offering web design that's something that's on you not RSP to manage or even discuss on your part with potential clients.

I plan on offering a similar service down the road, but will be making it apparent to the customer that they are to contact me directly by adding my email and phone number on web page related to that service.

Comment

Sure, but some customers go straight to live chat before even looking for a phone number and therefore, live chat agents should refer customers to the contact us page, containing the resellers' contact details.

Comment

I agree - live chat agents should have a policy where if any questions which the reseller can only answer, the live chat staff should direct them to the contact page (if used on a custom site, which proper resellers should anyways).

Comment

Reseller Storefront

Sure, but live chat agents, if there is no note taking system, won't know where to redirect them; however, RSP offers a storefront, where you can have a contact page containing the resellers' contact info.

Comment

Working...
          X