Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default directory index pages have links to rival RSP reseller store!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default directory index pages have links to rival RSP reseller store!

I have just noticed that on our directory index pages (i.e. where there is no index.html) there are icons on the top right of the pages—one links to the elefante installer (which has our affiliate link coded in so OK) and the other a site called modulehosting.com which actually has a link to a totally different RSP hosting reseller.

The latter is totally inappropriate and should be removed immediately, or the reseller link removed from modulehosting.com, or a link to our own stores placed there instead.

Why would I want a link on my or my customers' sites that links to a rival web host?

Please urgently remove these links or change it to link to our own store domains.

Thank you.

You can remove those links and replace with your own links in your RSP control panel. Go to Marketing Tools then to Menu Links

Comment

Originally posted by cjadahy View Post
      You can remove those links and replace with your own links in your RSP control panel. Go to Marketing Tools then to Menu Links
      Those aren't the links I am referring to (and the ones you mention do not link to any rival reseller stores but are custom additional links we can place on our store website).

The problem links are on the default index page. That is, if you create a directory on your website but have no index handler (e.g. index.html, index.php) the default index page displays showing a list of files and subdirectories.

Please try this out on your website and tell me whether you see a link to modulehosting.com which contains links to a rival reseller store.

In any case, whether or not these links can be removed or replaced, they should never be there in the first place linking to a rival reseller store. That is crazy and deeply unprofessional.

I am also assuming this store belongs to one of the RSP staff or RSP itself.

Comment

Hello mt3ch,

Thank you very much for notifying us of the issue.

We tested on our end and contacted our developers immediately to remove the link which had been placed there by mistake. The link has already been removed and you should no longer see it.

Thank you once again for notifying us of the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa View Post
          Hello mt3ch,

Thank you very much for notifying us of the issue.

We tested on our end and contacted our developers immediately to remove the link which had been placed there by mistake. The link has already been removed and you should no longer see it.

Thank you once again for notifying us of the problem!
          Thanks very much for the swift response and action. I understand that this was an oversight and I really appreciate how quick you guys are to help.

Comment

It would still be useful, I think, to have a link to our own web stores on this page, in a similar way to how it currently works with the elfanteinstaller.com link (in the same place on default directory indexes) which, using our RSP reseller ID, is able to link to our hosting plans.

There is also the matter of the email contact address on modulehosting.com/contacts.html which could be replaced with a web form containing a hidden input field with our reseller ID, so that whoever is receiving this contact can refer people to our own stores, if necessary, and not another.

I know the able would take a while to implement and it was necessary to take a quick initial action of removing the link on modulehosting but please consider the above also.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X