regarding dedicated servers and openvz vps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding dedicated servers and openvz vps

Hi Resellers Panel, I have being doing a lot of research on OpenVZ VPS. Us resellers would like to know when a bandwidth upgrade will occur cause from my research i have found from OVZ01 - OVZ10 need an urgent upgrade of bandwidth so us resellers can stay competitive on the retail market.

(Example 1, ovz01 - 0.5tb, ovz02 - 1tb, ovz03 - 1.5tb, ovz04 - 2tb, ovz05 - 2.5tb, ovz06 - 3tb, ovz07 - 4tb, ovz08 - 5tb, ovz09 - 6tb, ovz10 - 8tb.)
    (Example 2, ovz01 - 0.5tb, ovz02 - 1tb, ovz03 - 1.5tb, ovz04 - 2tb, ovz05 - 3tb, ovz06 - 4tb, ovz07 - 6tb, ovz08 - 7tb, ovz09 - 8tb, ovz10 - 10tb.)

these examples above is research i have done and are competitive bandwidth for these plans for what hosting companies are offering out in the current market, thats why i gave this feedback cause these openVZ VPS plans need an urgent upgrade with bandwidth only.

Also I have found on l****.com that they are charging $320.00 Retail for the Premier dedicated server, us resellers need Resellers Panel if possible to drop the price of the premier dedicated server to maximum of $310.00 so us resellers can keep more competitive. i did the maths and i have no idea why the wholesale price was only dropped to $325 cause if you add up the value dedicated server and times it by 2 you only save $35 and it used to be a saving of $50, so in technical terms the price should of being $310 not $325?. hope this matter can be resolved.

kind regards shannon
    Last edited by vicdomains00; 02-08-2014, 08:52 AM.

Hello shannon,

Thank you for the provided feedback.

The examples that you have provided do not include the prices for this OVZ VPS plans.
    Our OpenVZ VPS plans offers the optimum resources/price ratio and I personally do not think that we will recently change the configuration of the packages or decrease the wholesale price.

As for the Dedicated Servers we have reduced the wholesale prices of our dedicated servers at the beginning of this year, as mentioned in another post in the forum.
    The new prices have been considered between our Managers and the Marketing Department after a detailed research so I personally do not think that they will be updated in the near future.

Best Regards,
    Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

thank you for your reply c.ivanov, i have sent you a private message as links to other sites are not allowed on this forum, which shows you how i have researched the information of asking if resellers panel can increase the bandwidth only on each openvz vps plan. The pricing and specs do not need changing only bandwidth.

kind regards

shannon jones

Comment

Shannon,

When you say the bandwidth (personally I hate this word) is too low. Why do you believe this is the case?

In reality data transfer is an expensive resource. Unless you are running a media site with lots of images, video and have a high visitor count you would never need the quota currently offered with RSP and even if you did, a quick ticket to support will usually get you sorted out.

A lot of people are getting carried away with this "Unlimited" word which they keep throwing around. I can guarantee you that if you hammered a so called "Unlimited" service you would get suspended and referred to the ToS small print which actually put limits on the unlimited service It is a sales and marketing bluff which they know most people will never make use of but if you did they will come up with some excuse to prevent you from doing so. I personally would love to see the word banned from the hosting industry.

Comment

Thanks for your reply clivejo, sorry about giving the wrong terms of bandwidth and data transfer. I have read your reply to this post and you have given me a better understanding that each openvz vps plan has sufficient data transfer for each plan. In real terms why do companies offer unlimited if clients/ customers can't take full advantage of what is offered? Thanks again for your excellent detailed reply. Kind regards shannon

Comment

So in technical terms you mean the word unlimited its a sales and marketing idea to get customers to buy the product/ service with any provider that offers this but customers/ clients should read the fine print before proceeding? What would you say is excessive data transfer or disk space with any plan?

Comment

Tell the truth "unlimited" is just that a marketing strategy.. Usually controlled by tos or other limitations set such as CPU quota limitations and the number of files that can be stored on an account and the number of SQL per hour queries and whatnot.. It probably would not hurt to raise the bandwidth quotas for marketing... But look for tos additions to make the extra usage of resource more difficult to use. As clivejo has stated bandwidth is not cheap... As already stated to me by support the Aussie dc being the most expensive for bandwidth. Hope this explains a little better

Comment

There are many discussions all over the internet of how this is achieved. Almost all services have finite resources which they "oversell" to the end user. But this is purely a marketing strategy aimed at people who dont really understand and dont want to understand. There will always be "small print" in the Terms of Service (TOS) or Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) which limited the service. But yes, you should always read the small print. I’ve never had any problems with RSP regarding data transfer or CPU etc. They will email you to let you know and usually its a one off situation (ie run away script, hacker using your account as a file drop/share etc)

Of course raising the data transfer allowance for any service will be a great boost for resellers in general, and I would think that the majority of customers will not be using their quota anyway. But when someone pays for a certain quota, they expect to be able to use it And as we see in the ISP world, sometimes when everyone tries to use the same resource at the same time we see problems arise!

Comment

Plus 1 on that clivejo.... course I guess RSP could implement an opt in automatic pay as you go system for people that go over their traffic / space allotments. Some companies do something similar already. Extra charges could be added to the bill without having any worries of account suspensions for those who wish that type service. This would compliment the video / image sites that were mentioned.

Maybe pay as you go traffic would be a good option for vps and dedicated services or better worded pay for what you use.... this could probably allow rsp to lower advertised pricing for the actual services then charge for the traffic separate... just an Idea mind ya'll lol.
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 04-08-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Hi guys.

I have seen only 2 cases of exceeded Traffic/Bandwidth on VPS Servers for the last... 3-4 years and both VPS Servers were hacked then used in various attacks.

After we have helped the clients with the issue, we have reset their Traffic/Bandwidth free of charge.

Of course, if we investigate and find out that the Traffic is genuine and the current VPS Plan is not suitable for the client - we will ask for an upgrade.

+ I have recently asked our Managed about increase in the Traffic/Bandwidth for all the plans, but that cannot happen exactly due to the pricey Australian Traffic.

Best Regards,
                    Tom.

Comment

Yup.... I had already talked to support bout that and that what I was told BW cost was to high in the Aussie DC.... Even though Tom what do you think about a pay for only what you use solution for bandwidth on vps / dedicated services? People that use little bandwidth could actually save money and those who have traffic spikes wouldn't have to worry of emails to increase traffic resources or suspension because of missed emails and such.

Comment

Hi Tom, has resellers panel thought about looking at changing to a different Australian data center that can offer lower pricing for traffic/ bandwidth so that possibly resellers panel can offer more data transfer with each plan?

Comment

Working...
                        X