OpenVZ VPS Down Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenVZ VPS Down Again

I haven't even had this package for a month and for the third time I had to contact support due to major issues. I only have 3 websites installed on this server and all 3 receive zero traffic.

This morning the sites are down once again ( Server Cannot Be Found) and I cannot ever gain access to the file manger or any of the MYSQL data bases.

I will say support responses have been quick and the issues have been resolved, but I cannot deal with this every week.

Hello cjadahy,

The outage of the OpenVZ virtual servers today was due to a RAM upgrade performed by our data center staff, which should solve some instability issues that you have been experiencing, too. If you have any other type of problems, please do not hesitate to open a support ticket so we can provide you with the appropriate assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa View Post
      Hello cjadahy,

The outage of the OpenVZ virtual servers today was due to a RAM upgrade performed by our data center staff, which should solve some instability issues that you have been experiencing, too. If you have any other type of problems, please do not hesitate to open a support ticket so we can provide you with the appropriate assistance.
      Louisa, I believe my client raised a issue but was told everything was fine?? Can I report the ticket to anyone?

Comment

One thing is for sure I can honestly say that support is very fast to resolve an issue. The communication is spot on. I just hope it is always like that. My sites are back up and running and was told there was an issue with mounting the control panel software on the VPS, which was causing the issues. RSP claims to have the bug worked out. Keeping fingers crossed

Comment

I wake up this morning to once again find my sites are down and access to files and mysql are not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by cjadahy View Post
            I wake up this morning to once again find my sites are down and access to files and mysql are not possible.
            Its been happening daily and my client keeps raising a ticket but their saying its all fine, when in fact its not.

Comment

Originally posted by iPhone View Post
              Its been happening daily and my client keeps raising a ticket but their saying its all fine, when in fact its not.
              Do note that there is no any global or recurring problem with the VPS servers or the system. The last downtime was on 12th this month when there has been a RAM upgrade on one of our physical servers used for the VPS program and the server was brought down only until the new RAM was integrated. If you are experiencing a problem with a particular VPS it is best to open a ticket on the matter. Do note that it is important the ticket to be opened while the problem is still present. If our technicians are replying that there is no any problem , this is most probably because at the time they have received the ticket and performed an investigation , there has been no any ongoing problem with the VPS .

Comment

Well, my sites are ounce again down this morning. I must keep rebooting the VPS for all to come back.

Comment

There has been no any problems with the hardware node today . The problem that you have experienced is purely local for your VPS . The most possible reason is that something which you are running on the VPS is causing the crashing . As I have advised you in my previous reply in such cases it will be best if you open a support ticket , while the problem is still present.

Comment

Surely though, if its being reported by two of us, it must be a problem with the VPS?

Comment

I occasionally received alert from pingdom (i sent to 1 minute check interval), it frequent down and yesterday when I was working with my site, it suddenly down, after raised a support ticket, I've been told that the system admin was patching a minor update and after 10+ minutes, it has been restored back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                      X