'Latest News' on homepage suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Latest News' on homepage suggestion

hi-its coming up on one year since there have been any submissions to the 'latest news' column on the resellers homepage. would it be possible to add some recent updates from 2012 instead of the most recent from 09-2011? i know when i go to sites and i see an update that old, i immediately think the site/business isnt maintained. thanks

Good point. I hadn't paid any attention, but your right, it should be updated.

Hey, Yan, how about it?

Comment

Hello,

Not quite sure what you are on about really:

Last post is from Friday, August 17, 2012 and it has been updated on regular basis...

Instead of just reading the top sentence which says Last information update - Tuesday, September 01, 2009 if you were that interested in the news section you could actually read the news and see their timestamps...

Anyway I will get this error corrected so you can all sleep tight knowing that there are news without even reading them...

Comment

Yan,

When I go to my resellers storefront on the first page there is a section that is titled latest news. This is what is shown on the store front

Latest News:

Recent Service interruption
        [09/23/2011]
        We would like to shed some information on the service interruptions some of you may have experienced lat ...
        RAM upgrade on *************16.co.uk - 30 minutes downtime
        [08/12/2011]
        We will be upgrading the RAM on *************16.co.uk, which would result in a 30 minutes downtime. The .

As you can see the "latest news" is dated 9/23/2011. I am sure that this is what tomtwo is referring to. As you can see it is a little dated.

Comment

Ah well that is a totally different matter
          I thought he was referring to resellerspanel's home page when he said resellers homepage

I will see what we can do about THAT problem real soon. I will keep you updated.

Comment

hi-i think you are referencing a different area. im referring to a free reseller storefront homepage. go to any free reseller storefont-left side-scroll to bottom of page-lates news-[09/23/2011]. thanks

Comment

I have also requested this on more than one occassion via the 'Got a minute' feedback link in the admin area.

But no result!

The Latest News area would be better left off reseller templates - if its not going to be regularly updated.

Comment

Switching to the BlueBasic template will fix this issue. It doesn't include the latest news feature.

Comment

Originally posted by bertwhite1 View Post
                  Switching to the BlueBasic template will fix this issue. It doesn't include the latest news feature.

Bert, switching to another template does not "fix the issue". The issue remains with the other templates. I'm sure Yan will look into this as he has said and the "issue" will be resolved without everyone having to switch to the one template that doesn't contain the feature.

Comment

Update:
                    We will probably be removing the "news" section from the old templates. The new ones are based on wordpress and people can write their own "news" anyway so we are discontinuing the news section on our turnkey templates.

I will update you once that has been done for a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                      Update:
                      We will probably be removing the "news" section from the old templates. The new ones are based on wordpress and people can write their own "news" anyway so we are discontinuing the news section on our turnkey templates.

I will update you once that has been done for a fact.
                      I' m not sure but i think it is not a good idea because this could decrease the number of "site:...." links within G***le tremendously. Whether this would - direct or indirect - have a influence on the SERP i'm not sure, but should be first clarified.

Because these news increase the number of links you get from them we should try to provide useful information - once or twice a month - for old/new customers to make decide for us.

Today it is for my site ( "site:..."news"") 261 pages.

I would say the News section should NOT be removed therefore.

Comment

As I said we will no longer maintain the news section i.e. there will be no-one to post new updates. Thus it will be removed in order to prevent the stores looking outdated or as someone stated previously "out of business like".

The new templates we will offer will have a capability for you to post your own news so if you want to update the new yourself you can do so.

Comment

thanks for the update!

Comment

As I said we will no longer maintain the news section i.e. there will be no-one to post new updates. Thus it will be removed in order to prevent the stores looking outdated or as someone stated previously "out of business like".

The new templates we will offer will have a capability for you to post your own news so if you want to update the new yourself you can do so.
                            Great! - how soon can we get our hands on the new templates - lol.

Comment

Hi,
                              can you say when new templates will be available for us?

Comment

Working...
                              X