Real human validation for this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real human validation for this forum

Dear Admins, mods and anyone else interested in making this forum work again,

Would it not be a good idea to introduce some kind of 'real person' filter to stop all these bots registering on the forum and posting non-sense?

I for one would like to have sensible conversations and feedback from other RSP users/customers.

Anyone else feel the same?

Hello clivejo,

The posters you have in mind are not bots. They are real people who just re-post old content from other forums or bump old posts here. A human check, therefore, can't stop them from signing up, and the only solution is for us to ban them manually when we notice them, which is also what we do.

Comment

I wonder what is their gain by doing so, are they also posting links/spam?

Comment

In my opinion they are posting and re-posting old content so that at a later point they would add a signature to their account containing links/spam.

Comment

yav0r, Is there any way of having a peer review, rather than banning?

From a new users point of view all the banned members is quite intimidating! I've seen on other forums a thank-you/reputation based system. The more you help and respond to posts the greater your points generated and more privileges on the forum. Is something like this doable?

Comment

Working...
          X