Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress Plugin / theme updates available

Well....
    Just got the notification via wordpress and bailed right into the upgrades. Got the plugin updated and then in the middle of updating the theme Guess what??

Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.

Check properstatus.com and no scheduled maintenance listed for steadfast...

This has been going on quite regular when I update plugins and such as needed, Is anyone else having this issue?

Just curious

It said that on your website?

If so, mine did that once, too... And I luckily found a solution to it. When mine did it, it was actually stuck that way for over an hour until I came across the file that was causing it.

Go to your site files in the Hepsia CP, look in the folder where your Worpress installation is, and look for a file named something along the lines of ".maintenance". When you locate the file, delete it. That should fix it

Comment

Thanks dj,

I'll look for it.
      Thing is now Im stuck with this in the wp admin area "An automated WordPress update has failed to complete - please attempt the update again now." When you click it it dont resume the theme update. It will reset and show up again in updates but hate to wait that long to do the template update.. If this happened once in a blue moon I worry of it but several times in the past month kinda irks me. Hope the new theme is posted in the control panel for a manual update

Comment

I googled it and apparently that can be an issue stemming from the same file

Comment

I deleted it and the message is gone, thanks dj!,
          Upgraded the theme manually and its working...

Two thumbs up on this release,

Pagination is working
          Post Tags are working in the posts...

Rich text editor is still not working though..

Comment

No problem

Do you need a rich text editor for posts or for pages?

Comment

Posts.... RSP has it disabled because it messes up the html for the themes.. Its to be fixed in a future release.. there was a reference on the 404 error page referring to a blue host.. that has also been fixed..

All in all I am happy with the progress being made on the plugin and themes.. development is working steady on them and releasing fixes / improvements

Comment

Spoke to soon, pagination does not work on search result pages... Off to send another bug

Comment

I use FolioPress WYSIWYG, it is a plugin that adds a WYSIWYG to posts.

I use it because the theme to my single post template is a little tricky to write on in code, and it makes it much easier.

Comment

YES!
                    Dj, you the man of the hour... Installed the plugin and yup rich editor! This ought to be sticky until rsp gets the rich editor enabled in the themes!

Comment

That is the best WYSIWYG/Rich Text editor I have seen for posts... If anyone has a better one with even more features to it please post it

Comment

Working...
                      X