Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby/Rails

Hey,

I was wondering if there was any planned support for Rails. I searched the forum and found very old posts when Rails and Ruby was fairly new. It seems that there is an ever increasing interest in this technology and it is here to stay.

I am not sure of the technical difficulties of implementing it but my interest would be to include it on the shared hosting plans. Does anyone else see this growth in interest in being able to run websites off of Rails instead of php?

Thanks.

Personally, I think Ruby on the Rails would be very hard to set-up and administer in a shared hosting environment. A nightmare really

Usually, the customers who would go for a shared hosting environment would have no clue what RoR is or even want to learn how to use it! Is there really a demand for RoR within shared hosting? and at what price will it come at? The resources needed just to make RoR available on shared plans would increase the price of the packages, making them less competitive. Its already a very saturated market!

The people who would make use of RoR are the people who need guaranteed CPU and RAM, i.e. VPS, semi and dedicated servers and you can install these yourself on these plans. To be honest, I think RSP have the right balance but maybe a member of staff with more knowledge on the subject will comment on this thread.

Comment

I agree with you clivejo.. right on the mark

Comment

I just wonder why anyone needs Ruby on the Rails in the shared hosting environment? Just switch to VPS or dedicated and you can have total peace of mind working with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomas View Post
          I just wonder why anyone needs Ruby on the Rails in the shared hosting environment? Just switch to VPS or dedicated and you can have total peace of mind working with it.
          Good suggestion there. VPS plans are pretty reasonable and can be configured how you wish.

Comment

if you are looking for the ruby application its good the main reason for ruby is they are the platforms to build applciations in sorter period of time.

Comment

Working...
            X