Operating System: Rocky Linux 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operating System: Rocky Linux 8

Just noticed shared hosting Operating System has been changed to Rocky Linux 8
    However no official news was release about it
    Wondering what special to make RSP decided to change from Debian?

Have they changed from Debian? I thought the Hepsia CP was built on CentOS which was discontinued. According to the Rocky Linux webpage it is "an open-source enterprise operating system designed to be 100% bug-for-bug compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      Have they changed from Debian? I thought the Hepsia CP was built on CentOS which was discontinued. According to the Rocky Linux webpage it is "an open-source enterprise operating system designed to be 100% bug-for-bug compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
      I thought so too but just noticed CP OS changed.
      I saw Debian still active development, so ask here.

Comment

My VPS's are still :

Operating System:
        CentOS 7 (64 bit)

​Pretty sure I read or heard somewhere that the Hepsia CP is confuged to work on CentOS, but with that project shutting down, Rocky Linux OS would be most compatible.

Comment

I am also disappointed that resellers have been kept in the dark regarding this and bit concerned that no-one from RSP seems to be reading or more importantly replying to posts on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
            I am also disappointed that resellers have been kept in the dark regarding this and bit concerned that no-one from RSP seems to be reading or more importantly replying to posts on this forum
            Milen still the best ever mod

Comment

Working...
            X