Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Subdomain as hosting domain?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Subdomain as hosting domain?!!

Hello all,
    I am new here and I have a couple of questions:
    1. Is it ok if I point a subdomain of my exisiting site to my reseller account here?
    2. I am also unsure as to how to do it. Can I just add the nameservers of resellerpanel to my domain and add my subdomain in the reseller control panel? or is there another way to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Colosus.

You can use a subdomain and put it in a frame or just create your own web hosting site and just put your signup form, login form etc on your subdomain.

You cannot use a subdomain and point it. You cannot use a domain and use the subdomain just for a webhost company. The domain must be the main hosting site if you point it to the template here. Its probaly best to create a remote store or a store with frames.
    Last edited by Ralph; 28-05-2006, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the Info, but unfortunately the resellerpanel tech support is not the kind, I or my customers would appreciate. One Mr.Antony flatly denied any use of subdomain possible.
      I could have very well settled for a Iframes solution, but the Customer support is pathetic. He did not even explain me why the subdomain hosting isnt possible. Instead said it is company policy (which I havent seen mentioned on the site)
      I am a web developer and I already have a hosting site which my customers are aware of and opening a hosting site with a different domain just leads to decreased in confidence for my clients. Hence I thought it would be possible to host it under one umbrella.
      I find it very strange that a subdomain cannot be pointed... If I just use url masking with frames it is going to cause decreased search engine ranking.
      I am utterly disappointed with the hardheaded rules made here.
      Resellerpanel just lost on probably multiple clients, as one unhappy customer can lead to many more.
      Thanks and Goodbye.

Comment

Colosus, resellers cannot use subdomains in the reseller control panel for a template based reseller site. This is simply how the reseller system works and there is nothing Antony could do about it.
        However, resellers can use a subdomain (considering that they already have a domain and a hosting account) to build a custom designed reseller site. They can use the tools available in the reseller control panel or the reseller API to integrate the web hosting services that we offer into a custom-designed store of their own.
        What I do not understand is why people are making judgements about support based on a single conversation, just because the answer they have received on the phone is not entirely to their linking.
        I am quite aware that the reseller program that we offer has its limitations, but the vast majority of these limitations are necessary to allow us to offer a program that requires low to no investments on the part of resellers to start a web hosting business.
        In the vast majority of cases, asking the right question and having the right attitude is all it takes to get the answers you like from the support staff.
        Best wishes and happy hunting for the reseller hosting provider that will meet your needs.

Comment

Mr. Milen thank you for the clarification provided. I understand that offering a free reseller might be a bit of a problem with high server costs.
          Judging by one support call isn't fair of course but first Impressions are always supposed to be best.
          Regarding the attitude I was more than courteous to your support staff. The only question I asked was WHY? thats all and the way you replied to my queries makes more sense than a person just outright denying that any feature request cannot be met.
          By the way I did manage to get a free reseller, a better one comparitively perhaps. They are providing 200Mb free space, a free domain, free billing sofware, prompt support, cpanel these are a few to quote. They were more then willing to provide futher enhancements like SSH, rubyonrails, FFmpeg support, to their hosting as per my request.
          Their uptime has been commendable disk/bandwidth space more than adequate and cheaper than what you are offering and I got to speak with other customers as well regarding the uptime.
          As they gave me a free TLD with a different extension as mine. I am very pleased. In fact as soon as my domain becomes active I am shifting 23 clients of mine to their servers.
          Now dont you think that is quality service?
          Especially when your staff says that they have over 1000 customers and they are not willing to provide an explanation to a very simple question I think anybody would loose confidence in such a service.
          I wish everybody here all the very best.
          Regards
          Colosus.

Comment

Originally posted by Colosus
            ....By the way I did manage to get a free reseller, a better one comparitively perhaps. They are providing 200Mb free space, a free domain, free billing sofware, prompt support, cpanel these are a few to quote. They were more then willing to provide futher enhancements like SSH, rubyonrails, FFmpeg support, to their hosting as per my request.
            Their uptime has been commendable disk/bandwidth space more than adequate and cheaper than what you are offering and I got to speak with other customers as well regarding the uptime.
            As they gave me a free TLD with a different extension as mine. I am very pleased. In fact as soon as my domain becomes active I am shifting 23 clients of mine to their servers.
            Now dont you think that is quality service?....

Regards
            Colosus.
            I don't suppose you would name this company would you? I am in the market it would seem (unfortunetly).

I like it here, but have an issue with the "file limitations" - 50,000. Never heard of this before until now and it would seem I am going to have to leave an otherwise great service (RSP) because of it. Such a very small issue at that... sad really.

I have a large corporate site with a HUGE amount of disk space, a ton of databases, etc. etc. but will not be able to use it due to the file limitations allowed per account. I have already used about 1/2 (at last look) of the 50,000 file limit and my site has not even "officially" opened yet! I have a ton of customers I was "about" to move over here, but it would seem that this is not going to happen (at this point) unless something changes in regards to this unreasonable policy....

I was told I should have read the fine print. haha. Now THAT is tech support!!

Thanks.

Comment

Colosus, would you be so kind to share the website of the generous reseller hosting provider that you have found? I would be interested to check them out.

thorsverd, please check my second response to you in the other thread that you have posted your question.

Comment

Fixed??

Hello Milen,

Thank you sir!!

For anyone interested:

It would appear that RSP "might" have worked out a solution for me and others needing a larger "file limit"!!

I was hoping for this as I REALLY do not wish to leave.

Fingers are crossed! I really hate moving... virtual or otherwise.

Comment

store domain

Hi,
                  I was too confused with using a domain for my hosting store.
                  for eg: i wanna use iihostt.com (not real) as my store domain and point it towards template 16 which is provided by RSP. Then which domain shall i use for my own hosting website showing my custom packages which i built using liquid plan maker?
                  Is it requires two domains? One for RSP which shows only the plans greater than 1000MB and other for my custom plans?
                  can anyone offer a solution...i wanna show all RSP packages, support etc in my site. if i create my own site, how can i offer the support, data center details, live help etc as on RSP template?
                  So wat shall i do? having two domains with .com and .net extensions?
                  plz suggest soon.

Comment

I think that is a lie there is nothing out there like that. Anything at least that will stay in business if it is a brand new company.

Comment

Originally posted by San
                      Hi,
                      I was too confused with using a domain for my hosting store.
                      for eg: i wanna use iihostt.com (not real) as my store domain and point it towards template 16 which is provided by RSP. Then which domain shall i use for my own hosting website showing my custom packages which i built using liquid plan maker?
                      Is it requires two domains? One for RSP which shows only the plans greater than 1000MB and other for my custom plans?
                      can anyone offer a solution...i wanna show all RSP packages, support etc in my site. if i create my own site, how can i offer the support, data center details, live help etc as on RSP template?
                      So wat shall i do? having two domains with .com and .net extensions?
                      plz suggest soon.
                      this is what i do, i got diff domains with multiple extensions

Comment

Working...
                      X