Support really drives me crazy today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support really drives me crazy today!

Support really drives me crazy today! They do not listen to me, they ignore my questions and treat me like I was stupid.

My problem is that my www.mydomain.xx/ shows an index.htm that does not exist in my hosting account. It existed there about one year ago.

In January this year, my account was moved from sc20 to sc30. I had the domain moved from the account in May to another web host. After that I have added the Private DNS service, and yesterday, when I moved the domain back to my account at sc30 (added it like a new domain), I used the new DNS. Since then, this old index.htm is shown, which has never existed on sc30.

If I type www.mydomain.xx/whateverwrongurl I get to this page:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /404/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at *************20.com Port 443
    Note that the message is produced by *************20.com!

All this, I have told the support, but they say everything is okay, “site works like a charm”.
    They do not at all answer my question if there is still a folder named /www/mydomain.xx/ on sc20.

Site does not work at all. Folks are calling from all over the country saying that my site shows this one-year-old index.htm.

Edit: I also told the support that if I make a subdomain under another domain, and point it to the folder /www/mydomain.xx/ - then it shows the correct index.php instead of the old non-existing index.htm. I think this is enough reason for being taken seriously.
    Last edited by maxa; 10-07-2006, 07:55 PM.

Now, 11 hours later, my "site" still shows the index.htm that does not exist on the server, and any other url on the domain gives a "Forbidden" message from sc20, though my account is on sc30.

I will have to look for another webhost today.

Comment

Hello maxa,

we were able to located the issue and solved. All of your sites are now properly working on SC30. I apologize for the delay, but our developer had to locate the issue and fix it.

Best Regards,
      Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Originally posted by Kalin
        Hello maxa,

we were able to located the issue and solved. All of your sites are now properly working on SC30. I apologize for the delay, but our developer had to locate the issue and fix it.

Best Regards,
        Kalin Blaskoff
        Hello Kalin,

Sounds good, but it would be nice to know what the issue was. I really want to know it is fixed, since I heard support telling me several times that "everyting is working fine now", but it was not.

Best regards
        maxa

Comment

It is a bit complicated and that's why the support wasn't able to locate the problem. Niko (our support supervisor) is going to explain them that issue so they can know what to do in future if it happens again.

The problem itself - your account was on sc20 and then moved on sc30. Now for some time (I assume 2 days maximum) you started using the DNS cluster on the domain(s) hosted on SC30. In order any vhost to be working properly it must have only one A record. Now the thing is that your domain had two A records (the DNS cluster collects the data from all SC servers - there were old records on SC20 about your domain and that record was duplicated by the records on SC30). The final result was: your domain name was resolving on the first A record in the list, which was SC20. The fix was simple and quick, but it was hard to find out what happened and it took us time.

Best Regards,
          Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Thanks for your answer, Kalin.

Originally posted by Kalin
            The fix was simple and quick, but it was hard to find out what happened and it took us time.
            It would have taken much less time if support would have listened to me when I suggested that the old account on sc20 was causing the problem. As you can see in my ticket, I suggested this at a quite early stage, but it took 7-8 more posts before someone started to listen.

Problems happen - that's not what annoys me. Not being listened to does.

Glad it is solved now.

Best regards
            maxa
            Last edited by maxa; 11-07-2006, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I would like to ask you to accept my personal apologies for the delay in resolving this issue.

People say that one learns from his mistakes and we never hesitate to admit our fault. So, this issue will be a good lesson for our support team.
              We will use this experience to improve the quality of our support services.

I already took the needed measures in terms of improving the communication, or at least to minimize such misunderstanding in the future.
              Thank you very much for your co-operation.

Comment

I appreciate that, Niko. Thanks.

Sadly, my domain does not work at all now. "Server not found".

Edit: Support says it will take a few hours to fix it. Meanwhile my site is down.
                Last edited by maxa; 11-07-2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

maxa, there seem to be two issues here. First, mydomain.xx does not resolve at all. Our system administrators are currently looking into this issue.
                  Second, perhaps a minor one, but I thought that you should know. The .htaccess file with the 301-redirect points to a non-existent directory in your web hosting account.

Comment

maxa, our system administrators have resolved the issue with your domain and it is working correctly again. If you experience any other issue, please, let us know.

Comment

Yes, now http works, but e-mail still does not work at all.

Originally posted by Milen
                      The .htaccess file with the 301-redirect points to a non-existent directory in your web hosting account.
                      I can't see what you are talking about. All the 301-redirects in this domain works just fine.

Best reagrds
                      maxa

Comment

Working...
                      X